Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ARRRGHHH Damn Midwife

Gosh - thats as good as the sonographer telling me I had a low lying placenta at 11 weeks! LMAO.

As for breech bub... DS was breech at 34 wks, and OB said if he was still breech at 36 weeks we'd look at c/s. We found a stern talking to from DH made him turn LOL.

Good luck! I'm sure bub will turn in time

Hi there, you do have plenty of time, chances are bubs may turn around a few more times between now and then, a lovely lady in my thread is about 33 weeks and last week bubs was breech and we all sang a littel song, Turn Baby Turn... (imagine that song Burn baby Burn lol) and wah lah, little bubs is now in the right spot!!

So sing away!!!

Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flea View Post
    How ridiculous!
    30 weeks is not the point you should be worrying about a breech not turning, especially with a second baby that has a fair bit of room.
    My DS was breech until 32 weeks when he turned head down and stayed that way...not at all uncommon! You know in your heart it's ok, don't let her scaremongering mess with your head
    Totally Agree!!! Same thing happened with me, but at 34 weeks. I wasnt worried at all and you shouldnt either, enjoy your last weeks of pregnancy

ashnant; enjoy your pregnancy too!!

So much to wory about isn't there!! I have just been told by my dr today that my bubby might be breech but she wasn't definate and I know at only 28 weeks I shouldn't be concerned but its hard not too! I have been feeling less and softer movement just lately after bubby was really moving around one night and just smaller kicks/movement down lower and lots of banging on my cervix it feels. I don't know whether this is because the babies head is up or not? I understand how you are feeling and apparently little bubs has plenty of time to move into the correct position which is reassuring. Hope all goes well for you and enjoy your last couple of months of beautiful pregnancy!!

Me 32 DH 29
    Summer 3 years
    EDD 23rd March 2008

Most babies are breech around 28 weeks I believe...do the OFP exercises...they do help.

Babies turn all the time, I wouldn't worry about it. As they get more restricted in space, they tend to settle into a position but they can still turn at the zero hour. A midwife at the hospital where I gave birth had that experience, her son turned out of the breech position and into the head-down position when she was 40 weeks pregnant.

Mel, just checking in on you. How are you doing ? Has your baby gone head down now ??

Hope all is well with you

I'm still having bubs turn on me every so often. This morning he was transverse untill I changed position and opened my pelvis enough for him to be more comfy head down again. I can tell u he was transverse due to the lumps in my tummy and the position of the kicks and punches. I'd been lying asleep on my back and he hates me doing that so he got into that position. I sat up and forward and he moved back (slowly). I'm 36wks! Even now he has plenty of room when he wants to move and I'm not at all worried. I told the Dr if he gets worried, he can wack me into hosp to be monitored untill labour starts, but I will not agree to a c/s just because of position! I did that last time, and still feel horrible because I believe in time Jess prob would have turned on her own at a later time! They like to be in control and labour etc is one thing they just can't really control so they push for c/s so they CAN control it as much as poss. I'm sorry, but my body should be in control, not some Ob who has no idea what I am capable of!

Good on you Kerrie. It's great to hear you sounding so positive. Abbey was in all sorts of positions right up until late in my pregnancy when she finally settled head down.

Can't believe you are 36 weeks already. Where has that time gone ?

yeah, in many ways this pgcy has flown, but in others it's dragged. I feel quite disconnected from this baby for some reason. But I know that will change once I have him and can look into his sweet eyes and hold him. I think because DH was so reluctant at first and up untill lately hasn't been very interested in this bub. But I told him how much that has hurt me and how I feel and he's being more hands on with feeling him and talking to him and making sure I'm ok when BH's get baddd. So I'm feeling a bit better...

Thanks Trish.... I am still hanging in!

My 32w appt the nicer midwife said that bubs was more likely on a bit of an angle across my tummy, but she didn't think it was breech. I have an appt again on wednesday, so will see what they have to say then... movements have slowed right down... so fingures crossed bubs is getting ready!

Mel, don't worry hon, Bubs will most likely turn as space runs out. A pre-stretched uterus is great for them to swim in and they'll do it as long as possible! Remember to sit forward with legs spread whenever possible. It really does help!

Kerrie, if you remember the early months of my pregnancy with Abbey I had the same or similar issues with my DP about the pregnancy. Actually he was like it pretty much the whole way though. Once Abbey was born though he has been alot better. He's still not very hands on with her though, preferring to leave most of her care up to me and he looks after Noah and Tehya. Which is still helping, although not great when I need a break from the crying and he has no clue what to do with the baby.

Good to hear though that your DH is coming around. No one can resist their own newborn. He will be right sweety.

Mel, sorry for the take over. Good to hear that bub is turning, even if it is only slightly. Fingers crossed she will go completely head down soon for you. Let us know how your appt goes.

Mel, sounds like bubs is getting ready! Good luck with ur next appointment.

Just a quick update... appt went well... MW was shocked and a bit mean about my birth preferences that I gave her... she was laughing (as politely as she could) on how detailed they were... So I was a bit p!$$ed at that... but at least if they read it I should get what I want.

As for bub's she is doing well... head is down now but not engaged... so not going to come too early!!! Had CTG as didn't feel many movements the day before appt, but all is good, and she hasn't stopped since!!!

Thanks for support guys!

Yay!I'm really glad ur bub turned for u Mel.Silly midwife And she shouldn't laugh at ur birth plan either,how rude!!
    All the very best for ur birth i hope it goes how u want it to

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12