Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avent Isis Breast Pump - Might Wait??

~Belinda~ Guest

Thanks Dee, sounds good.

So did many ppl use it in hospital? Should I be sterilising it and packing it in my bag?

Sazz - I was told to use mine to try and encourage milk to come as it didn't come in till day 6. I don't think you'd normally need to bother though?

I say definitely buy this after baby is born.

Even if you do b/feed successfully - you might not use it. I sent Dh out to buy mine when DD was maybe a week old because I had cracked nipples and couldn't feed. But once my nipples healed, I never EVER used it again - and I breastfed until 12 months. A breast pump isn't essential to successful breastfeeding. Plus, my hospital and later my community health clinic both loaned me their electric pumps when I was having problems.

They are pretty readily available from almost any chemist - especially the Avent one so I always say wait and buy it if and when you need it...

Hey Bindy,

I also have already bought my pump. It was quite expensive and I had the money at that time so I figured I might as well buy it before I spent the money on something else. Also I have to go back to work for 4 days a week when bubs is about 13 weeks old and I intend to b/f only untill he's 6 months so I will need a good pump!
    Good luck!

What about hiring a pump? Then it is at home, you are organised but you haven't outlayed the cost. May also mean you try the product before committing to purchase? I think the breast feeding association hire pumps out.

Like others I got mine from ebay. It was about $35. I also have the avent microwave steraliser. If you dont want to spend much, ebay is always great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12