Thread: Bleeding after DTD

Default Bleeding after DTD

Hi girls

DH and I dtd this morning and afterwards I had a small amount of bleeding for about 5-10 minutes followed by pink discharge for an hour after, then nothing. No cramping or any pain with it.

I was a little worried but bubs is moving around as he usually does and seems to be fine. Could the bleeding have been part of my mucous plug? Should I be worried? I am almost 32 weeks...

Any advice would be most appreciated!
    Thanks

Hi Janine,

I'm not too sure what this would be. You should maybe think about calling your OB or midwife just to be on the safe side. I'd say it has nothing to do with bub, but maybe DH has just hit something that is a little sensitive ATM. Its always good (and heaps reasuring) to hear this from a medical practitioner. It is a really good sign it didn't last for very long!

Take it easy!

I would say if you are unsure get it checked JIC but i had a similar bleed in my 1st pg after dtd at 36wks and it was nothing. I did go and get checked out though as i am rh neg so i have to have any bleeds seen to incase i need an anti D shot. All was ok. i was told that it was normal to be very sensitive during pg and maybe we had been a little rough etc. It scared us and we did not dtd until after dd was born even though we were told we could but gently i am 35 weeks along now and have had nothing like it this time. Maybe just ring your ob or hosy and see what they think but if it was me after my last exp i would not be too worried. HTH.

Hi Janine
    Bleeding after DTD is not uncommon. It sounds like you have broken a few small blood vessels. If the bleding has stopped then there is nothing to worry about

Thanks for your replies everyone.

Alan - thanks for putting my mind at ease, the bleeding has most certainly stopped and as I said it was only for about 10 minutes anyway with a bit of a pink discharge for a little while.

Thanks again!