Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C section or Vbac

Hi

I was just wondering how everything was going?

Thanks for you replys girls.

I just was my midwive yesterday and measured me to be 40 weeks. I wondered why the OB did a measurment but didnt write it down on my share card last week.

The OB also put my dates back by 3 days coz he expected my cycle to be a 28 day cycle, but it actually a 25 day cycle.

So in a nut shell Im 35.5 weeks pregnant with a baby measuring 40 weeks. My first baby measured at the sametime 1 week bigger and turned out to be 9.5 pounds.

All I can say is that I will have to have a bloody good pelvis and skin like gumby to get through any delivery.lol.

I had not one problem with my c section, and others have had heeps of pain. Mentally If I end up back going through the same situation with a bigger baby with no drugs I might just loose it and go further into drepression if it ends in another c section. Sure its worth being natural, but is it worth screwing up my family with the depression if it all goes pear shaped. In my last labour it was the c section which was the only thing that didnt go wrong, so thats all I really have trust in at the moment. I still have time to make a choise, but fear is always a issue with natural. Expecally when I had to become suasidal before I got any drugs and my Ob called, 24 hours into the labour. So going through labor is not making me feel like I am in control at all.

Physical health is important, but mental health is also just as important.

Sorry if I offend anyone, but that's my opinion.

that's so true. If you think that this is the best way to go, then it's right for you, and you haven't offended anyone - it is so important that you are confortable with things as they are. Do you have a date booked yet?

Thanks Sherie,

Its booked for the 8th Feb and I still have 3 weeks to go. Even though I measure 40 weeks I am still being careful by waiting till 39 weeks so his lungs are fully devloped. Size doesnt mean his organs are fully 100% yet.

Lets hope I can do something natural this time by breast feading ok.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12