Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Circumcision.......

looloo Guest

I have a close friend with a 6 month old boy who wasn't done. When I asked her about whether he was or not she was appalled that I asked - saying it was barbaric. I now feel a bit nervous about how she will react to me if we did go ahead with it. If we have a boy that is!!! I know that it is our choice but we don't need that added pressure or tension from our friends. I wish I hadn't asked her now

Not that it's any of her business - but don't tell her if you're worried... or just explain the reasons and tell her you wouldn't do it if you believed he'd suffer any pain. I wouldn't have done it if I thought Dylan would feel it, but my 2 nephews had the same procedure and didn't feel a thing, so we went to the same doc and it went really well.

Looloo your friend has no right to judge you if you choose to do it. i can understand you being nervous though. if she does say anything, just let her know that you researched it and there are reasons for and against, and you felt it was the right thing for your child.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12