Thread: Constantly tired....

Default Constantly tired....

Most nights i go to bed around 9:30 - 10pm and get up again around 6am, I'm ususlly making regular loo trips throughout the night every 1 1/2 to 2 hrs so i'm thinking i probbly average around 7.5hrs of sleep a night. The thing is i'm still so tired during the day, especially now i'm on maternity leave - i feel as if i could sleep all day - is this normal? If i sit down to watch a bit of tele during the day before i know it i'm dirfting off to sleep - i hate being so lazy i wish i could find some energy! How am i going to handle things when bubs does arrive?

ETA: Forgot to mention i've also developed a really bad snoring thing in the past few weeks, sometimes i wake myself up with it - i never used to snore at all, DH says sometimes he worries because it sounds as if i'm going to stop breathing!

You are 37 weeks pregnant, it's hot and carrying around several kilos of baby, placenta, extra blood & fluid. No wonder you're tired!!! Once bub arrives you'll still be tired, but it's a different sort of tired. Now it tends to be a more physical thing, everything hurts & you just need to rest, once bub arrives it's a lack of sleep thing so totall different feeling

My suggestion.... Rest as much as you can.

fel23y Guest

BOO, yes it is totaly normal right at the end of your pregnancy its just your body telling you to get as much rest as you can between now and the big day ! i feel the same way so i just have mummy naps threw out the day goodluck.

Hi-
    Not at this stage yet but i do remember with my last. The uncomfortable sleeping at night, the loo trips. I was so tired and still working i thought i would just fall asleep at my desk.

Are you taking Multi vitamins??? I found that not many things really helped my tiredness but i can assure you once bubs comes there is no time for worrying bout being tired. You just seem to get up and do all the things you need to do. I stopped work at 39 weeks and was bored stiff as bubs was Overdue (43.5 weeks) i found myself towards the end dog tired but feeling the need to scrub and clean. The night i went into labour i scrubbed my shower down. Just try to relax more during the day- have a little sleep if you need it rest your feet. Your body just may need more relaxing.

Good luck

its totally normal sweetheart. I would strongly suggest taking multi vitamins as well as inliven. And you will certainly need inliven in the first few weeks when you are up all night with a bubs who doesnt know night from day

Rest as much as you can, and nap as much as you can now.

Oh goodness, I so remember that. I think I slept most of the first week after starting Mat leave!

Also go the Berocca - its wonderful in the last weeks and first weeks. I still take mine daily, it really does make a difference.

Hi Boo. I also go to bed at about 9.30pm-10.00pm and wake up about 5-7 times a night for weeing. I sleep in until about 8.30am (although I get up for about 30 minutes at 5.30am to make Tony's lunch and say goodbye to him before he goes to work). Most days I also have another sleep during the day for an hour or so. I"m not usually a big sleeper so I figure it is my body asking for more sleep to prepare for our big ordeal which lies ahead. I figure if I'm tired, my body must need the extra rest. I know what you mean about feeling lazy though but it is just temporary.

I Have aways thought that its the body way too get you ready for your baby and thats why we get a bladder the size of a pea LOL so that we will learn to get up in the night for a hungry baby. So sleep while you can same goes when you have the baby if baby is asleep then you sleep too, thats what I alway tried to do.

I have heard that it is very normal for women to start to snore while pg it has something to do with producing more mucuas or something like that. but all will go back to your none snoring ways

Thanks for the replies, it's good to know i'm not the only one. I just feel so lazy at the moment and I worried how i would cope if i still felt like this once bubs did arrive. I guess i'm lucky that i have such an understanding DH as not much is getting done around here!
    Mabello - thanks for reminding me about inliven - last time i was taking that i felt amazing, i'm going to have to drag it back out of the cupboard again i think, hopefully that will help!

Boo, I was exactly the same through out my ENTIRE pregnancy!! Only, I gave into it completely and slept any time I felt like it. For the first three months, and most of the last three, DH felt like he lived alone because I was always in bed. Completely normal!

And in regards to worrying how you will cope, I was exactly the same. I used to have little melt downs asking DH how I was going to look after a newborn when I couldn't even stay up for more than 2 hours. Since having her though, I have regained all my energy from before and then some. The first days - couple of weeks you will still feel majorly tired, but then you just start to pick back up.

And like posted above, the pregnancy tired is almost a physical thing, like your body is drained. Now though it's more a "I didn't get enough sleep" thing. And I am finding it's only every couple of days I collapse and go stuff the washing, my friend is the couch. Most days I'm going all day - albeit just sometimes feed, changing, cuddling.

Boo, I can certainly relate to the tiredness and the snoring especially. My poor husband has moved to the spare room due to my chainsaw snoring! I'm about 37 weeks now.

I find gentle exercise (yoga and walking say) every day helps the tiredness but certainly allow yourself some nap time as well. It's hard to suddenly stop work and have little to structure your day if you're used to working 9-5 in a busy job. The main thing is to surrender to whatever your body is telling you.