Thread: Contractions with 5 weeks to go...

Default Contractions with 5 weeks to go...

This morning about 2am, contractions woke me, they were around 10 mins apart and lasting for around 20 seconds. I phoned my midwife around 7am as they were starting to ease a bit, just to let her know. She told me to have some Panadeine and try and get some rest. If they start up again with the same frequency, I'm to call her and I may have to go into hospital to be monitored.

Can stress cause this? My previous child was full-term.

Lucy-Ann,

Yes i was going to say the contractions could be stress related, keep an eye on them though and if they come back i'd give your midwife another call and head in for some monitoring.

Have you had anymore since you phoned the midwife? Or has the Panadeine stopped things

Things seem to have stopped. I'm just so tired...no sleep bites.

hi mrsr, i was having the same thing constantly from about 34 weeks. in the end they said i had an irritable uterus. it was exhausting but worked for me though in the long run as i had a 2.5 hour labour with only a few pushes required! i think when you are running around after other children it can be stressful both physically and mentally. everyone kept telling me to rest but that's near impossible when you have to be there for your other kiddies.

i wish i could offer some advice but i can sympathise at least with how tiring it is having those contractions!

i hope for your sake little baby comes on the early side of full term and not the late side!

best wishes

beccas

Default Contractions

Hi, I started contractions at 33 weeks and went into labour. The doctors gave me steroid injections and tablets to stop my labour which thankfully worked. I had three other children so stress and running around could cause it. I was also told to rest, but with other children to look after that is almost impossible. I continued to have contractions on and off and was hospitalized four times to be monitored. I was told I would go early, but Isabella hung on until 39 weeks and my labour only took two hours but she was my fourth. Just hang in there I know how you feel but if you have more contractions let your midwife know because you should definately be monitored to make sure you are not going into labour. Good luck, hope bubs stays in a little while longer.