Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Down Syndrome marker found at 30 wk scan

skorpy Guest

Good luck Belinda,let us know how it gos...would love to hear from you on the results.

All the best

Belinda I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

For anyone now put off the great books David has edited, 'Having a Great Birth In Australia' and 'Men at Birth' the books aren't actually written by him, he has collected and published real-life stories from real-life men and women and there are forwards by others in the industry (Steve Biddulph). Its not personal opinion. They are both excellent books and written for the Maternity Coalition. I strongly recommend them if you want some inspiration for birth and I know they come highly recommended by others on the forum who have read it.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I will be thinking of you too tomorrow...

Belinda I hope all goes well!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Belinda, I hope all goes well for tomorrow and that you walk away feeling alot more informed than what you are now.

Perhaps sit down and write out all the questions that you can think of to ask that way you don't forget tomorrow.

rails Guest

Belinda .... thinking of you today ... hope all goes well with the results ((hugs)) ...xxxx

Thanks everyone will update later today

Hope everything went well today Belinda.

Well i am back, didnt get back till late as appointment didnt happen on time at all

But anyhow seems all is fine, seen team leader doctor at clinic and he said if he was concerned then he would certainly tell me and he isnt, he said the reason it come up to be checked at all is that its unusual to see on a scan ( i had actually read on the net that is shows up on slimmer women as scans are so much clearer, so if i was bigger it might never have even been seen). So seems my chances of having something wrong are at the same rate as everyone else now in my age group and he is confident nothing else was found to warrant there being a problem.
    My placenta is anterior low lying though, so have to have a scan in 2 wks to check if that has moved, if not then i have to go back and see them, but as baby gets bigger i am confident it will more than likely move back out of the way, had one with first son and it moved away by 34wks.
    So i am feeling pretty relieved, still have that niggling thought but feel so much better thinking my odds are pretty damn good at this point

Thanks for thinking of me and your support, i appreciate it

Belinda that is great news that the doctor said it was nothing to worry about.
    But i can understand how you feel about not knowing for sure.
    I think your odds are pretty damm good as well.

Hope the next 10 weeks go quickly for you.

Thats great news Belinda! I know what you mean about that feeling, and if its any consolation both my kids had really low risk rates but even until I held my babies for the first time did that uneasy feeling go away. Don't know if that helps or not and I hope that doesn't come across the wrong way.

As Michelle says I hope the next 10 weeks go quickly... And you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Fantastic news, Belinda!

Great news Belinda!

rails Guest

that is Wonderful news Belinda .... now relax & try to enjoy the rest of this pg !!!...((hugs)) .... xxxx

Good stuff Belinda - I'm pleased that it seems the bad stuff is over! Now just concentrate on making a nice fat baby in there

That's fantastic news, Belinda!! All the best for the rest of your PG!

Belinda, I just wanted to say that they found afew choroid plexus cysts at my 19 week ultrasound. I was scared to death, and was calmed down 5 weeks later when they disappeared, but was still worried until she was born . However, alot of Dr's during that time told me that with the technology today they find FAR more than they used to, and legally they have to tell us. So unfortunately there are ALOT more women walking around pregnant and fearful after an u/s.
    I am glad all is well, unfortunatley you were one of the ones who were given a scare. I think that is what David meant (forgive me if Im wrong) but technology opens us to alot more info these days, alot which is not positive, BUT in days gone by would never have been noticed, so Im sure many of our mums had the same things and never knew.
    When I was told about the cysts and spent many nights crying etc, I decided after that if I ever had another bub I wouldn't have u/s. But then I figured, I would, and it's just one of those things. Now I've talked to people, every second woman had something on their u/s such as hole in heart, cysts, etc etc and all were ok.
    I also decided at the time that maybe every single baby has the cysts, but some disappear earlier than others. It seems a very natural thing to happen, just to have little bubbles in their brain, as their brain is filling up with all the necessary parts.
    anyway, best of luck, hope the rest of your pregnancy is worry free and happy.
    xoxoox

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast