Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Early Labour

Kirsty77 Guest

Dee I'm so excited for you.Hang in there, things should be progressing nicely! Goodluck hun....

All the best Dee! I know with Matty I was in early stages for 3 days before they talked me into going in... so it can last a while... just keep nice and relaxed as much as you can.

Dee - I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear he's been born! You can do it girl. Goodluck!

Yay Dee. It sounds like your early labour is far more impressive than mine - thats for sure! I was in early/false labout for about 2 weeks - going into what you are describing re contractions every couple of nights. But I didn't have the wetness or the pink mucous, so I'd say you are doing much better.
    Everything sounds like it is happening nice and slowly, and hopefully it will mean the dilation stage is nice and quick for you.
    Enjoy a nice hot shower and if things aren't happening by later this afternoon, maybe a couple of sleeping tablets would be a good idea? My natural birthing midwife gave me a couple after I had started to dilate in an effort to keep me at home resting longer, as like Kelly said - if I hadn't progressed according to a certain rate in hospital they would have taken action.
    I hope this time tomorrow a little baby is in your arms!
    Best wishes for you.

Dee you are going so well!! Well done! I know you can do it.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Early labour can be slow and long, from hours to days to weeks - when that baby is ready it will come No pressure We don't want to put too much anticipation on the poor mum and bub!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Dee, hoping that all goes well for you hun. Trust in yourself and your body you CAN do this. This is what we are made to do.

Goodluck sweety, hope all goes well and smoothly for you

Good luck Dee, i am thinking of you hun!!!

You can do it sweetie!!!

skorpy Guest

Good luck Dee,we are all behind you and thinking of you

Any news yet from Dee??? Hopefully you are holding your beautiful little boy now sweety

Trish - I`m still here waiting for my little bundle of joy

Nell & Fi - I`ve been thinking of both of you and remember you both having pre labour for days/weeks, Now I know exactly how you were feeling.

Thank you so much for your support girls, I really appreciate it. I`ve been totally fed up with myself and my body but I keep reminding myself that it must be doing something to prepare for the big day.

Unfortuantely my Mum had other thoughts about my lack of progress, she rang late last night and told me there must be something wrong as it`s not normal and I`m days overdue, she then went on to say I need to go to hospital to be induced, of course telling this to an overdue woman I burst into tears and have been very upset ever since. Mark has been wonderful and tells me to ignore her and my body is doing the right thing but it`s hard as she is my Mum.

Anyway I had my 41 week appointment today, all is NORMAL, I go back next Tuesday afternoon if bubs hasn`t made an apperance by then, they will then decide what to do by the end of next week which most likely will be breaking my waters.

So now I hope this body gets a move on, I don`t want to be in this pain for another week, still getting very irrregular contractions, some of which are very strong and I`m still leaking sticky stuff ewwww.

Thank you girls once again, not sure what I`d do without you all

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oh dear at your mum. Silly duffa. Of course nothing is wrong and you know that. He's just biding his time to make sure you're well and truly ready. Have you decided upon a name yet? Maybe that's what he's waiting for, he doesn't want to come out as Baby. So he's giving you time to pick.

Atleast you're still have contractions that's good, your body is still doing stuff which is fab.

Still sending you lots of luck, he'll be here soon, I'm sure of it. You defintely won't go past next Tuesday

*hugs* Dee. I hope this doesn't last too much longer.

LMAO Dee - isn't it funny how when we are going through this crap, we remember what everyone else went through! My sister went through the same thing with her second, and she was calling me with sympathy while I was goign through it.
    All I can say is regarding the safety of your bubs, if for one second you genuinely feel like something isn't right, thats when you make the call to the hossy. Keep counting baby movements and make sure all that is OK, and just keep the hossy informed - and PLEASE try and get some rest.

Its worth considering the sleeping pill option, even just a mild sedative to relax you to get you sleeping at night (I'm not sure ifthis is a "gentle" suggestion, but I reckon its a good one) cause I found at night my contractions were at their worst. Actually between about 1am and 4am was just atrocious, and I got next to no sleep for about 2 weeks.

And the only other thing is dont listen to anyone who tells you that you wont make it past a certain date. I had about 4 midwives and a dr tell me that I would go into labour any minute (they were sure) and it was still an induction almost a week later! I'm not trying to make things worse, cause I reckon you will be fine, but just dont be disappointed in they do end up taking a form of intervention OK? You certainly will not have failed!

So - please keep a mind on the movements, and relax, and hopefully things will be OK in a few days!

Fi

tiggy Guest

Dee, we're all plugging for you in this household. My girls asked me today if I had heard anything.
    GL Dee!

Go Dee!!!!!!!!!

Hoping you get to hold your little man sooner rather then later

YOU WILL DO GREAT

All the best Dee....go get that VBAC Missy!!!

spreckemily Guest

Remember Dee, an EDD is just that. An "Expected" Date of Delivery. It is an estimate. Your littleman will come out when he is good and ready. My little princess came out 2 weeks after her EDD and she was just perfect, no problems. Relax and think happy welcoming thoughts to him and pamper yourself!!!
    hugs and kisses for a perfect childbirth

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast