Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Early Labour

allyfield Guest

Sounds like labour to me Dee, congratulations. Maybe you should go and get checked out your waters might have broken.

Good luck

Tiff - How lovely of your girls asking after me

spreckemilly - I realise EDD is just a rough estimate but I`ve been in prelabour since late Snday night, an hour doesn`t go by without a contraction, before then I had all the time in the world to meet my little man but when your in constant pain I want to me him now.

Thank you girls for your ongoing support.

This is my 5th day of prelabour and both Mark and myself are getting so frustrated, since yesterday my contractions are a lot stronger that I have to stop what I`m doing and breath through the pain, this continues right throughout the night where at times I`m throwing my body across the bed, panadol does nothing for the pain. Needless to say both Mark and myself are very tired.

I know it`s a waiting game but I am getting quite frustrated by it all, why can`t my body just go into labour like most women.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Awwwwww Dee, sending you lots of love and luck

AWW Dee, {{{HUGS}}} sweety. You WILL get there. Just think positive, and it won't be long till you hold your little boy You are doing GREAT

you're a very strong woman Dee. Hang in there

Oh Dee - I was hoping this would be over!
    You will be fine - have you thought about getting something to help you sleep? You dont want to go through 2 weeks of this like I did without sleeping - it really wears you out, and then when someone throws the option of induction at you, it seems very attractive!
    You are capable of going into labour yourself. Make sure you are moving around in a good position to get bubs to go where you want him to, and it will all be OK.
    Fi

I know exactly how you're feeling... we share the same due date.

tiggy Guest

Dee, I know this might sound stupid and when you've been in pre labour for such a long time you probably just want to yell SHUTUP!! But, I was in pre labour before my VBAC for a week. Everything was going good, everything ready, baby good position etc. Still, I only had pre labour, nothing got me going, even Andrew suggesting a breaking of waters (which I refused). My midwives(Carolyn and Val) asked me if I was REALLY ready, if I had made my peace with everything, if I had any fears. The night before I went into full blown labour, Carolyn phoned me up and confronted me with the fears I held. I won't go into them but there were a few. Speaking them and making peace with them. After the phone call, I felt quite relaxed. I went and had dinner with some friends and joked about him never coming out! 3 hours later, the much anticipated labour began.
    I know it sounds corny, it might not help but it can't hurt.
    You could just write anything at all down, anything that might be bothering you, anything that might be holding you back and, if you feel comfortable verbalise them to someone, if not, speak them out loud to yourself, to Matthew, to the wall, it doesn't matter.
    Labour Vibes to you hun.
    Hang in there, you are doing great work!

Good suggestion Tiggy! I wanted to say something like that too

Just popping back in to let you know that I am still thinking of you. Sending you truck loads of birthing vibes hun. Figure you've got enough labour ones

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I agree with tiff - have a look inside and see what you might be holding in hon. Let it all out and allow your baby to come. You both know how to do this. Also remember that if you can't find anything that is okay - early labour is exactly that and it can take a week or two - hence why there is more intervention as women go in early thinking this is it or they have had enough waiting. You know this is going to be a marathon and you know this is your body working hard now, even though you feel like it's doing nothing. It's still helping with the opening your cervix and your body is building up slowly which is much better than it hitting all at once and being unbarable. I know it's hard, but I also know you CAN DO THIS. I know you want this more than anything - it's so close now. Don't lose sight
    Last edited by BellyBelly; August 5th, 2006 at 09:04 AM.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Tiff - It certainly doesn`t sound corny at all, for the last few days I`ve been trying to work out what`s holding him back, so I know exactly where your coming from.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I think Tiff has made a great suggestion. I bet you know exactly what's holding you back too. Let it all go Dee Still thinking of you and sending you lots of love.

tiggy Guest

Oh Dee,
    I was hoping from your silence that you were labouring away!
    Sending you lots of love and labour vibes

Dee, I hope you figure out what is holding you back. Maybe bub is just doing his finishing touches, making sure he looks extra special just for you

Tiff, I love the picture of Ivy and Noah on your ticker. Too cute

You are doing so well Dee... if you need anyone to talk to, let me know!

Thank you girls so much for your ongoing love and support

My Doula seems to think I`m getting closer and closer to meeting our little man by everything I`m discribing - pressure in bottom, strong contractions which range from every 3 mins to 10mins (some of which I can`t talk through or walk), even Mark is aware now when I have a more intense contraction, I feel in myself that I`m close to meeting our little boy I hope I`m not wrong. My worry now is that I don`t want to go to Hospital too early.

I was very close to tears while preparing tea, all week Mark and I have had something very easy for tea but tonight I have a house full so needed to feed them all and for some reason don`t feel as comfortable as I normally would (most likely my nesting instinct here) anyway it was such an effort to prepare and cook tea but I got there in the end. As I said to my Doula MIL use to have to keep going throughout her labour so I think she seems to think I have to as well.

I`m going to have a bath as my Doula seems to think because I`ve been labouring for so long a nice warm bath would help me to get things moving on and get the stress of my housefull out of my system.

Take Care

Dee

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Awwwww Dee you're doing superbly. Keep it up hun, you can do it, not much longer. I said you'd go before Tuesday and I still think you will. Lots of to you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast