Thread: Frozen Coke??

Cool Frozen Coke??

Very trivial question I know, but are we allowed to have them while prg?? I'm desperate for one but wasn't sure - I figured if we aren't allowed to have soft serve ice cream and they come out of the same sort of machine, then maybe we aren't?

I'm not sure if it's the actual ice cream that's the listeria risk or if it's the machines??

Willow, i've heard it's the actual icecream that can give you listeria risk. but i am not sure sorry. did you have any luck googling it?

Willow i always believed that it was the machine because it cannot be cleaned completly. I steered clear when i was pregnant just to be sure.

hugs
    treelo

I was always addicted to slushy's when pg & would be this time if I wasn't 40k's from town. I never had any probs. But I have to admit that the other day when I got cones for the kids from macca's that I had one too. I've never had soft serve before, but it was SO hot. I felt guilty, but it felt good too. I'm pretty sure it is the icecream - wich is why that was my 1st & last, but you can buy ice shavers & make your own if you like. I have one & they are easy to keep clean. Plus the only thing that goes through them is ice - water basically. You put the syrup in after. Some of the machines at servo's & shops are the same.

I'm pretty sure it is the ice cream, cos you can't clean the machine properly and milk products go off.

I feel like one now.......

I don't think ice would attract listeria, otherwise you wouldn't be able to have warm drinks? I would say its fine.

Treelo - I've always avoided them too but I'm just craving something cold and juice, water etc isn't doing it!!

I might get my blender out and crush some ice into some cordial or juice. That might work....

I agree with Cailin. The listeria risk is because the milk products in ice cream can carry the listeria & stay in the machine if it's not cleaned properly. I would think that the water & syrup mixture wouldn't carry a listeria risk.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

As otheres have said its the dairy products that cause the issues with soft serve ice cream.

Slushies/frozen coke/ sno cones are just ice and flavouring so no issue

I hope everyone is right saying slushees are no risk, cause I had one today!

kirbstar23 Guest

I say go for the Frozen Coke....

I currently have a one.... or two a day habbit at the moment, can't get enough (especially with this warmer weather).
    It's just the same as crushing up ice at home and adding coridail or coke - just without the mess and drama to do it!

Enjoy your frozen treat darl!

Love Kirby
    xoxo

Go the slushy, girls.

It's definitely the milk products that carry the bugs. The slushies come out of a completely different machine.

It's getting hot again and you pg ladies need to keep cool.

I agree it's fine (and I've had them too, just to prove it! - hehe).

mmmm, I survived on them during summer with my pregnancy! But I had the red ones

I love them! Can't get enough!

My husband thinks I'm crazy travelling out of my way to get just the right one ,but he accepts that's just what pregnant ladies do

I have them too! go for it!

It is definitely the DAIRY products that cause the problem... listeria only travels in animal products not treated or kept at the right temperatures! So i keep away from the soft serve but LOVE my slushies!

Checked with my ob today girls, he's given me the all clear!!

Going to get one today, too hot here!!