Thread: Frustratedly Bored Waiting

Talking Frustratedly Bored Waiting

I am really bored!! I get bored easily, so I am not surprised... but I need something to occupy myself in these remaining weeks (preferrably days). The problem is that I dont feel the urge to do anything, which is just as frustrating!

Earlier in the pregnancy I was sewing and had craft projects but I dont feel like doing those.... and if I start a new project i'll end up spending money on new supplies, and we dont want to spend too much money at the moment.

Normally I love to read - sometimes 2-3 books a day, but at the moment I cant get into anything! It is so frustrating!

Hopefully bubs will arrive soon!!

Oh how I remember that feeling well!

To pass the time, why don't you start designing a thank you card for the gifts you'll receive when your baby arrives? You can add a photo to the card when bub is here. Then all you have to do is print them and send them off.

Hang in there, bub will be here before you even know it

thats a great idea! Thanks!

I have also just dug out our scanner and am going to try to get it to work and scan some old baby pics of me and DH!

I like the idea of small projects that dont make a mess! We are having a homebirth, so don't want a chaotic house when I go into labour!!

I found getting some movies and just veging on the couch helped the time go faster. Take advantage while you can cause it is going to be a while before you get to see a movie from start to finish in one go!
    Also found getting a TV series on DVD helped as well. Then you can watch the whole series without having to wait.
    Good luck!

Know how your feeling, EJM! I'm getting really bored but have no motivation to make myself do anything. I had a cleaning spell last week but over that, should prob get the vacuum out, but can't be bothered, I have an assignment due at the end of June that I was going to get a head start on but can't be bothered, and I had planned to finish scrapbooking our wedding album, but whenever I get the pics out, I have no inspiration! In fact, the only thing I can be bothered with is reading! oh well,
    hopefully not long for either of us.

btw, we had a dates change early on in our pg, when we had a scan at 6 weeks, but I never got round to changing my ticker, so even though it says I am now 39 weeks, I'm still only 38w2. So my wait is about the same as yours, if our bubs are on time!

Ejm i definetly know how you feel. And same as you sammy i had a cleaning spree on the weekend but there is always more stuff to do but i have no motivation either. I have a bas statement i could get a start on also but at the moment i dont want to do anything but have the baby. I just wish it would hurry up, cant actually think of anything else. Im sure this is a normal feeling for this stage of pregnancy.

I am SO there with you. I guess in some ways I am "lucky" because I work from home, so I can keep working and that makes time go quicker. But like you all said, the brain focus just isn't there. I know I should appreciate this time, but I just want to have the baby already!

So does anyone else find that the waiting is doing wierd things to their head? Like there is SERIOUSLY a part of me that believes I will not go into labour, and I am never going to have this baby. I think I fear my body is defunct and doesn't know how to do labour!!!

I am not worried I wont go into labour, but im worried i wont know when I do!! Most people say you just know! But thats hard to imagine when you have never done it before! I guess we will see!!

I am relieving boredom a number of ways... folding all my flat nappies!! Thats kind of fun, and I was showing DH how to do it this morning before he went to work.

At the moment I am making an almond slice (kind of mixing up recipes with what ingredients I have in the house)... also trying to google some recipes I can freeze.

I have found that splitting frequently between things is more interesting than doing one thing for a long time... like my nappies are on the table, and every now and then i'll fold some... I have some tv series' to watch like Men Behaving Badly and Seinfeld in the dvd player, so i'll watch one episode, then go do something else...

definitely have No Focus!! Unless I have a nap - that I can usually focus for!!

Bring on the bubs!!!

LOL, EJM, I think you will know when you are in labour- maybe not early labour, but certainly established labour. I hear the pain is fairly compelling, and if its not, then, hey, lucky you!

I am currently freaking out about whether or not I am losing my waters. Its probably just watery discharge.

The thing I drive myself a bit crazy with in waiting in always trying to be well rested/ appropriately fed etc. I want to go out and do things, but I either don't have the energy, or I worry that I will wear myself out and then go into labour totally exhausted!

DH is suddenly concerned that i need to rest as much as possible in case I go in to labour and am too tired from walking etc - so he has told me I have to have at least one rest a day... there is not much activity I can do anyway - he has the car at work (although driving is uncomfortable anyway) and I dont like going for walks by myself anymore in case anything happens.

he's going to be funny when he starts his paternity leave. It is good though, because he does a lot for me, and he's just as excited as me!

Also he can help keep me entertained.. play scrabble or a card game so I dont go insane with boredom!

If it is your waters Yay!! and good luck!!

Eustacia, my advice to you is to enjoy the peace!!
    You probably get told that a lot, i did too but life really never is the same when bubs arrives.
    Enjoy doing what you want to do when you feel like doing it as you won't get that back for a very long time!
    Having said that, being a mum really is the best thing ever and i don't think you'll have any problems with being bored when bubs does arrive!