Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone heard enough horror stories??

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I think its all part of how birth is evolving and changing to become more medical, women are giving birth in unfavourable positions, in unfavourable environments and not having the support, resources and knowledge they need to birth well. Many are leaving birth 'up to the experts' which they say are obs, and if you look to them for a normal birth, they are trained in things that go wrong and tools to use to make birth quicker. Women and their partners need to educate themselves well, and not through hospital classes, but with things like the Pink Kit and read great books. Popular books are the worst, like 'What to Expect When You Are Expecting.' So many things are setting women up to fail, and they need someone provide an outlet for them - i.e. any pregnant woman they come across. This is only going to get worse if we continue down the same path.

There's my deep and meaningful LOL

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

My favourite book????

Kaz Cooke's - "Up The Duff"

Great book and extremely informative.

It's a humourous book yes, but wont tell you what you need to know to get through birth as you want it to be
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!

No, you are correct - but boy, did I laugh!!!!!

~Jane~ Guest

Kelly - is there a list of books you recommend? My friend gave me a lend of what to expect and I can't stand the language they use so haven't read it. All the shops seem to have all the same sorts of books and it is hard to tell what is and what isn't good.

Thanks

Kelly xx

Quote Originally Posted by lestypuss View Post
    Along the same lines of old wives tales (there is some element of truth in this however, you'd still take precautions, wouldn't you?) one of my friends was told by a nay-sayer that there is no way she could get pg while breastfeeding her new daughter. Her second baby is due in March!! Oops.

To quote Jurassic Park (of all things) - "life will find a way".

My boss has told my DH this - I'm going to properly insist on the condoms post-birth rather than just leaving it up to DH to pick if he wants to or not. (My boss does some obstetrics, but very much the medical complications rather than the actual birthy stuff.) Yes, a high prolactin can suppress ovulation (and does in the patients he treats for it), but it's not the best contraception ever. And don't tell my husband it is!

Yeah, go the contraception Ryn - unless, of course, you are looking to have the closest thing to twins you can get after having a baby!!! I certainly will be.

Breastfeeding is not a completely reliable contraception. Just goes to show!!

I havent really been told alot of horror stories except for one really, but EVERYONE feels the need to tell me all about such and such who had to have 70 stitches after giving birth, and so and so who nearly had their baby in the lift at the hospital. Everyone just likes to say stupid things like that its going to hurt (what am i? stupid?) Most people who have something to say to me, dont really have any positive things to say. I have however read plenty of positive stories right here on Bellybelly. Its annoying how people find the need to comment with dumb comments.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12