Thread: heard a cracking sound

Default heard a cracking sound

i was sitting still relaxing and watching baby belly move, and when he did one of his big stretches i heard this little click/crack sound like when your joints crack!! is that even possible for the baby to click his bones!? im intrigued.
    im 34 weeks.

i heard it again today.. its not his bones. it must be some kind of skin slapping sound :-P

I so know what you mean!! I experienced exactly the same thing during my pregnancy with my son. I posted a thread on this website and some other mums have also heard the same sounds which was comforting as I felt I was going crazy as you never hear about this kind of thing! It's amazing isn't it?! I heard the cracking and the slapping sound, especially when DS was having a hypo moment, which was often! I noticed after he was born that when he kicked and stretched his little knee joints would often crack and wondered whether this is what I heard or whether it could even be the amnio fluid splashing around?
    Who knows?! It's just one of those amazing things though. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and good luck.
    Baby Harrison born 19/3/08

ohhh thanks sSO much for replying! Its so good to hear someone else say they've heard it too and im not imagining things! haha pregnancy is awesome.

i also have been getting this little noise like if you got your 2 thumb nails and kinda flicked one of them... I asked my GP and he told me it could be comming from my pelvis or hips or could be baby. it freaked me out as i was reading that sometime when your water breaks you hear like a click or pop sound... but have been getting this noise for weeks now and it hasnt lead to anything else... its so weird though... wonder if it is bubs????