Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many days did you go over your due date?

Smile How many days did you go over your due date?

Hi,

I was wondering if you girls can let me know how many days you went over with your pregnancy's due date... doesn't matter if it's the first or subsequent pregnancies... I'm just curious!

First full-term pregnancy, 8 days over, just like clockwork. Was induced, but irratic contractions had already started.

i went 14 days over and had to be induced...

I went 2 days over. It is very common for first pregnancies to go over

i was 41+1 so 8 days over..was 3cms dilated when i went in for induction !!

With DS I went 14 days over, went into labour myself on saturday about lunchtime (was booked for induction on Monday) and then had a shocker - DS born by emergency CS 10.30am Sunday morning!

This time hoping for a VBAC, looking good so far and feeling positive.

with first DS i was induced 9 days over because of my BP and had him on the
    10th day over. Very slow labour.

With 2nd DS my waters broke i day before DD and i had him on my Due date. I hope that this happens again this time a much nicer experience.

Nikki

CatherineL Guest

6 days here... I think I didn't go any sooner because there was alot of pressure in my household to hurry up and have her. All my family were here and had taken time off and had to go back to work the day before I had her. Just a coincidence that I happen to have her the day after they all left? Plus I think the induction date helped, it made me relax because I knew I wouldn't be pregnant forever and it was all coming to an end one way or another.

Oh Carmen, you poor thing, you're still waiting!

We haven't chatted yet but I've been reading your posts - you are getting most anxious to meet your little one, as am I. I'm a little behind you (due Nov 16th - 8-ish days to go!!), but there are times when I too find myself really impatient! Most of the time I am able to stay calm and balanced, but I'm not quite sure how much slower the next couple of weeks can possibly go!

Knowing that it's my first and he'll probably be late doesn't help - especially if he has the same sense of direction and punctuality as his mother - I think he's trying to come out 'alien' style and I'm wondering whether a big neon 'exit' sign would help...

Best of luck - I'm sure we'll hear wonderful news from you soon!!

This time i went 5 days over.

Where as i went 3 days early with first DD.

Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    Oh Carmen, you poor thing, you're still waiting!

We haven't chatted yet but I've been reading your posts - you are getting most anxious to meet your little one, as am I. I'm a little behind you (due Nov 16th - 8-ish days to go!!), but there are times when I too find myself really impatient! Most of the time I am able to stay calm and balanced, but I'm not quite sure how much slower the next couple of weeks can possibly go!

Knowing that it's my first and he'll probably be late doesn't help - especially if he has the same sense of direction and punctuality as his mother - I think he's trying to come out 'alien' style and I'm wondering whether a big neon 'exit' sign would help...

Best of luck - I'm sure we'll hear wonderful news from you soon!!
    Suse, you're so right! This time around, impatience is kicking in so badly. These days, I'm telling myself I wish for a C-section. Poor DH, all he's been hearing from me is complaints after complaints... Everyone knows my due date has gone by so they are ringing up at my house hoping to see my DD. And of course, all I could tell them is that DD decides to stay in the oven for a bit longer. If I still don't go into labour this Friday, my doctor will schedule me for an induction. I think setting the date will give DD some pressure to get out of my belly faster. I go to bed every night hoping something will happen, but of course waking up in disappointment. LOL... You don't have too much longer to go either. I hope that you get to meet your precious one soon because the impending period of waiting is torturing! I hope to hear good news from you soon too!

Girls, thank you for all the posts... I am now 4 days over and hoping that I don't have to wait any much longer.I know I sound silly because 40 weeks have gone by with not one complaint... and here I am, complaining about the few days. I feel bad because DH has been hearing nothing but complaints from me... He's on standby just in case I go into labour or if my water breaks for sometime now. In a way, I could say he's getting a little impatient too. Oh, I forgot to mention all the family and friends too! Hopefully, DD will come soon because my doctor commented that she's a big baby. And the longer she stays in there may mean that I will result in a more difficult labour! Yikes!

First pregnancy - James arrived on his due date which is now OUR birthday!!

I was 8 days over due with DD, I had been booked in to be induced on the 9th day but she came on her own. DH always said "I bet she'll come on Anzac Day so I cant play two-up" & she did!! haha

Good luck, I'm sure things will start moving along for you soon

Carmen, it sounds you're definitely under pressure for this little one to meet the world - you're both probably suffering spotlight anxiety! I guess it's too late to tell everybody that oops, you made a mistake, you're not really due for another three weeks!

BTW, is your doctor usually so inclined to make unhelpful comments?!! Even if your bubs is a biggun, you've probably read all of the posts on BB about big bubs that get born without a single graze to mum - both early and late, so take your dr's comments with a grain of salt! (Easier said than done!)

I've told my exuberant nearests and dearests that if I go overdue and they ring me every day I'm going to take the phone off the hook - it's not like I'm going to forget to tell them!! (Oh, mum, sorry, forgot to tell you that you're a grandmother, silly me...). I don't think so!!

i cant wait for mine to arrive either. (due 8/12).

my eldest daughter was 10 days over and my youngest was only 4.

so i am really hoping that this one will at least arrive on time.

DS1 was 2 days over & DS2 came on his due date!

DD1 = 7 days over
    DD2 = 7 days over
    DS1 = 3 days over

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast