Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many days did you go over your due date?

merged posts with the next. doh.

Last edited by Kazbah; November 9th, 2007 at 10:23 AM. Reason: merged posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by *Blanchie* View Post
    i was 41+1 so 8 days over..was 3cms dilated when i went in for induction !!

*snap!*

I always said I wanted an Anzac day bub, and that's when the first contractions started.

Of course, "they" say that when you're "over it" that the bubs is ready to come.

Are you meeting with your doc to discuss inductions today?
    Last edited by Kazbah; November 9th, 2007 at 10:23 AM. Reason: merged posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kazbah View Post
    merged posts with the next. doh.
    Tomorrow, I'm meeting with my doctor to discuss about induction. I'm a bit nervous, but then again, I still have the days to go before the set induction date. Really hoping that bubba decides to arrive by herself! At least, I don't have to get my cervix dilated...

*snap* again, I was 41+1 too! Had a S+S at 40+6, then rupture membranes at 41+1 delivered the next day (just after midnight actually).

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen2 View Post
    Tomorrow, I'm meeting with my doctor to discuss about induction. I'm a bit nervous, but then again, I still have the days to go before the set induction date. Really hoping that bubba decides to arrive by herself! At least, I don't have to get my cervix dilated...
    Ooooh, haven't heard from you in a while Carmen - hope this means that bubba's decided to meet the world! I'm thinking of you - and hope that all is going well!

Hugs!

Suse, I gave birth on Friday evening. One day before the schedule induction date! It was the most precious experience ever! I was at the hospital at 8:15pm and gave birth to Nicky at 9:47pm. No epidural... nothing, it was the most amazing thing I could ever experience. Hope things are going well for you and hope that you will get to meet you bubba soon!

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!! CONGRATULATIONS CARMEN!

That is such fantastic news - I've been wondering how you've been doing and figured that you must have popped seeing as we hadn't heard from you. I am soooooo pleased for you!! (Dance of joy around the loungeroom!)

I just got home from my 39+6 appointment - squidgy is doing well but hasn't properly engaged yet - I'm amazed that isn't rushing for the exit like a bull at a gate because he seems to be getting awfully squashed in there! But he'll come when he's ready (I'm having a tranquil feel good day today - rather than an impatient one). I'm in Nth Qld so we are wondering whether he or the cyclone will come first. Now that could be an interesting experience!

BTW - you are going to have to change your signature now - I bet it's even more of a comfort to know that your little one is out in the world now!

Huge hugs!!

Congratulations, Carmen

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    WOOOO HOOOOO!!!! CONGRATULATIONS CARMEN!

That is such fantastic news - I've been wondering how you've been doing and figured that you must have popped seeing as we hadn't heard from you. I am soooooo pleased for you!! (Dance of joy around the loungeroom!)

I just got home from my 39+6 appointment - squidgy is doing well but hasn't properly engaged yet - I'm amazed that isn't rushing for the exit like a bull at a gate because he seems to be getting awfully squashed in there! But he'll come when he's ready (I'm having a tranquil feel good day today - rather than an impatient one). I'm in Nth Qld so we are wondering whether he or the cyclone will come first. Now that could be an interesting experience!

BTW - you are going to have to change your signature now - I bet it's even more of a comfort to know that your little one is out in the world now!

Huge hugs!!
    Suse,

Don't worry, your bub will arrive soon too. At least, you are having a great day and not feeling impatient like me! LOL

I can now finally reward myself by holding her in my arms after 40w6d. It was long but definitely worth while. I would never exchange it for anything else.

I wish you all the best for the few days you have left... You will be in my prayers and thoughts. I sure hope to hear from you soon with the great announcement of your bubba's birth! Keep us updated on how you are doing and in the mean time, try to get all the rest you could because you may not have this luxury when bubba's out!

Carmen, congratulations hun. I too have been wondering how you were going. Glad to hear that all went well for you. Now you have a lifetime to catch up on those cuddles

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Carmen, congratulations hun. I too have been wondering how you were going. Glad to hear that all went well for you. Now you have a lifetime to catch up on those cuddles

Trish,

Thank you. I wish you all the best too for your little princess's arrival! Not too much longer to go now. YAY!!!

Carmen, Thank you too. I know it's not long but why does it feel like forever still

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Carmen, Thank you too. I know it's not long but why does it feel like forever still
    I hope you won't have to wait another 6 days like me. The days past EDD aren't great because of imminent waiting. I am sure you will get to meet your bubba soon, hun. So hang in there and get lots of rest.... probably hard to do so with so many kids around... LOL

Carmen, I will be sure to get this little one out on time. There is no way I am going over. Not this close to Christmas. I've already started giving ehr the eviction orders. I figure by her DD she will have gotten the message. Either that or I will pull the plug on her

And rest...... what's that ????

hee hee Trish!

Mine won't be more than a few days - once I'm done with it I can lend you the flashing neon exit sign that I'm using to persuade squidgy out with. I think he's got the same sense of direction that his mother does so he needs all the encouragement that he can get... (LOL!!)

Suse, well he is male too. And you know what their like about getting directions

Goodluck hun and I hope your little man doesn't make you wait much longer.

ROFL Trish!!

Thanks heaps - and good luck for you too. A Christmas bubba will be a wonderful present, but hope she arrives in time for you to enjoy roast turkey and pudding!

As long as mine beats the induction date he can be as late as he likes. Although, I'm hoping for him to arrive tomorrow - his over-excited energiser bunny of a first time grandmother is arriving on Monday and once that happens the poor little guy will never want to come out for fear of being cuddled to death... (!!)

Peach Guest

Congratulations Carmen! I'm glad everything went well for you!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123