Thread: I'm a bad, cranky Mum

Unhappy I'm a bad, cranky Mum

I am really finding these last few weeks hard now The heat is killing me and I am soo tired all the time. DH gets up and goes to work trying not to wake me and the kids are being really great and playing quietly but even when it gets to about 7 and they come in saying their hungry I shout at them. I don't mean too and I hate myself but I can't seem to drag myself out of bed and i'm just so cranky all the time.

If I have to ask them to do anything more than once then I start shouting and the look on their little faces kills me Yesterday we were in the car and I said "i'm so sorry that I have been cranky and tired lately" and DS said "that's ok mummy, you're very pregnant and I know it will be better when she comes out" I felt so bad I wanted to cry. The worst thing is they don't seem to be effected by it, it's like it's a normal thing now. I really don't want to be one of those awful people that shout at their kids accross the shopping centre!

I have two of the most wonderful kids yet I don't want to spend any time with them, all I want to do is lie on my bed and read my book or sleep. I just hope that when the baby is born I won't still be like this. I know i'll be tired but at least my body will feel like mine again.

Has anyone else had this problem with their third or even second? Did it stop? I love my kids so much but sometimes even the sound of their voices makes me want to scream.

Now I want to pick them up from school and give them both huge hugs.

Someone please tell me this won't last forever.

:hugs: to you. I haven't been through what you're going through as I've only had one baby, but I do feel for you. Remember that you are heavily pregnant and it is very hot. You have every right to be tired and cranky. God, I'm like that now, and I'm not pregnant!
    Maybe when you feel yourself getting angry with the kids, can you stop, think about it, and try and take a deep breath before screaming at them? I know it sounds easier said than done.
    You said you want to give them big hugs when you pick them up from school, do it!! Let them know all the time how much you love them.
    I'm sorry, I'm not really much help, but wanted to let you know it's ok to feel this way.
    Good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy

I was exactly the same and Paris was just as considerate She's a gem, she's put up with a lot this past year and she powers on regardless. I know she doesn't love me any less just as I didn't love her any less when she was teething LOL! We all have our moments, we are only human and this will only teach them patience and tolerance two wonderful traits it seems they already have Try not to beat yourself up, by apologising to them you are also teaching them to take responsibility for how their actions make others feel so you are doing wonderfully! I did find after Seth arrived it got better. I still have my bad days but don't we all

*mwa*
    Cailin

I know how u feel rachel & i have longer to go than u. So i can only imagine how i'm going to be when i'm at ur stage. The heat is killing me also,its soooo uncomfortable. I have been sitting out the back in a kids pool like a big whale LOL.
    Unfortunatly poor little Mya sometimes gets yelled at for not reallly doing anything but being an 18month old. It breaks my heart to see her little bottom lip go up into its sad position.
    Don't be to hard on urself ur kids sound wonderful & seem like they understand.
    Not much longer to go now!!

Thanks so much guys. I know it's not effecting them as much as I think it is but I feel so guilty. DS had his last day at Pre School today and when I picked him up I told him how much I love him and he said - sob -"Mummy I love you more than myself"! Oh my God - tears!

Well, Rachel, you must have done something right for your kids to be so considerate and caring, hun.

I think we all have times like this....I felt the same at the end of my pregnancy. I have a two year old and it didn't matter how many times I told her I was tired and I couldn't play she didn't understand and kept pushing regardless until I would finally lose it at her. I felt bad more times than I care to count. All I could do was give her a cuddle and tell her I loved her and move on. I was shipping her off to MIL's more than I should have been because I just could not cope with her at the very end. And she knew I was physically incapable of chasing her around so that just made her play up even worse
    It has got better since I had the baby and we are just now getting that closeness back. We seemed to lose it there for a little while but now I have the energy to take care of her and play with her instead of palming her off onto her father at every opportunity things are definitely improving. I'm sure it will for you too

Your kids sounds like they're just fantastic, and that's just testament to how good a mum you are. Not long to go now, and things will calm down a little, I guess. Hang in there!!

oh rachel that's gorgeous. I agree with the others, you're doing a fantastic job!

Rachel,
    You Must be doing something right, like everyone else has said. I wish i was as far along as you, when my DS goes for a nap so do i, im lucky he sleeps for roughly 3 hrs!! But thats because he gets up at 6. So come 11am i am exhausted and all i want to do is sleep and if DS only sleeps a little while i make DF watch him whilst i continue to rest.
    I wish i was as far along as you.... But i have 9 weeks to go from tomorrow! Goodluck and i wish you all the best... Hoping it gets better for you when you have bubba....

well ... i am one of those awfull people that yells at their kids accross the supermarket !!! im not proud of it but i i feel helpless and am desperately trying to get T's attention
    simply because it just hurts me too much to run after him and when he decides to lift is feet off the ground and swing from my arm instead of taking steps . . that hurts too
    the other day he ran from one end of the shop to the other throwing things off the shelves onto the ground i wasnt sure weather to catch him or just pick up all the stuff he just wouldnt listen.
    everyone was staring at me shaking their heads i couldnt stop him then when i picked him up he hit me in the tummy (not on purpose just cos he was having a tanty!)
    i guess at least you can recognise what you dont want to be and know it will pass not long now hang in there !

Thanks everyone. It is so hard isn't it. When I say those Mums that shout at their kids in Shopping Centres I don't mean people that reprimand their kids or shout to call them back, I mean the people that you see being really nasty and rude to their kids, even some people I have heard calling their daughters "you little b#*#h".

So faeriegirl, I don't think that's you!

It is harder at this time of year I think as well, as the shopping centres are full of people who won't get out of your way or make allowances for people with children. And don't get me started on the old women who sit in the food court drinking coffee and tutting loadly at the parents who get their kids Maccas! If it means peace and quiet for ten minutes - it's a good thing!

LOL thanks rachel i can understand being cranky though it feels awfull but i think our kids can understand that we dont want to feel like that and im sure they have their moments !
    i remember when i was really pregnant with T friends bringing their "little darlings" into my house and just having to sit and watch them trash the place as they werent my kids and it wasnt my place to say NOOOO ! ! !
    dont forget to take time out to do nice things for yourself even little things help i know this can be hard though its a pitty you arent here we could go to the indoor playground and have a coffee or something while the kids do their crazy thing on the play gym (but we would probably drive each other insane too ) LOL you have to laugh
    hang in there

No, dont say youre a bad cranky mum! Its such a hectic time of year and being pregnant and with two little ones is not going to make it any less hectic! Your kids seem like they understand too, so that sort of helps. I'm sure things will get better for you.

Thanks everyone, it really makes me feel better knowing i'm not the only one. I never felt like this with the other two - like i'm getting resentful of this little bubba inside me - I WANT MY BODY BACK!!! I really want to see her too, I feel like i'm just wishing the days away till she comes it's sooo frustrating.

Thank god my kids will sit and watch movies, I know it's not great parenting but thats what holidays are for and if I watch with them it's kind of like quality time...isn't it???