Thread: Niggly pain

Default Niggly pain

Hi ladies, just a quick question to see if you can shed some light as to what might be going on.
    Yesterday I had a period type pain all across my lower back and tummy that was there all day and now today I have pain in my lower abdomen but this time just in the front. I think it is round about where my ovaries are. It is coming and going and it doesn't stay for long but I just don't know what it is. Have any of you had this? Or does it sound like something that you know of?

Hi Rustygirl
    It comes and goes? Are you getting BH at all? I've noticed similar pains with my BH sometimes. If it's constant pain, not sure - maybe get it checked out

are the pains coming and going at regular intervals, my early labour pains felt like period type pains.

Not sure if it is BH.
    It comes and goes but it isn't regular and today I have had nothing......strange.
    Maybey I just want this baby to hurry up and come that I am reading too much into every little thing....kwim???

Sounds like BH. I had really strong BH through the end of all my three pregnancies. Felt like what you are describing. If I rested for a short period they would go away. I woukd ring your ob or midwife to put youself at ease.

I have been experencing the same thing!! I have had some really strong and painful braxton hicks lately and have also noticed that I am feeling period like pain and lower back pain at times, especially at night and in the mornings without braxton hicks tightness. Don't know what it could be. Mine lasts a few minutes at times and then just disappears. Probably just the body getting ready for labour!!?? Not long to go, yay!!

EXACTLY Danni!!!
    Thanks ladies for all your info and advice. I feel like it is just random braxton hicks. It isn't really really painful or anything like that. I just had some more before and guessing that is what they are.