Thread: over it and getting grumpy

Angry over it and getting grumpy

OK so i am not even over due yet - and i am ready to hit out at this - my pg hasn't been the most fun - the actual pg and baby are fine but i have had m/s, pains and false labours and i am just over it all - i want this baby out and its not playing ball - apparently its going to be "not small" anyway so every day that it stays in there just growing worries me a little and makes me more and more uncomfy. I have tried nearly every old wives tale under the sun and i am just disapointed in myself as well for not being able to enoy what should be one of the best experiences of mine and DH lives. I feel terrible as i am always snappy and irritable towards DH and he just has to cope with it - no one can really warn you what its going to be like or how you will react. i just have to think that in no later than 3 weeks (thats leaving me till induction date 10 days post due date) we will have our baby and just try to cope as well as i can i guess....

AJ I remember that feeling well. As much as you want the baby, it is very hard to get through this last bit when you are so uncomfortable and anxiously waiting to meet him/her.

Hope the time passes quickly for you and that your birth goes smoothly.

Oh I know how you feel. Once you hit 37ish weeks every day feels like a year. Its probably the last thing you want to hear, but "Hang in there!" The end IS in sight and it could be any day now.

Sending labour vibes your way AJ

Good luck AJ! I hope it happens sooner rather than later!!! Here's hoping!

I'm only 31 weeks along and I'm already feeling in the same boat...I'm so over it all, I just want our little fella to arrive safe & sound so I can feel a little bit normal again. It sucks to be so grumpy and emotional all the time...

I can't give you any ideas or advice but I can say that I know what you mean...I totally understand it!

Oh AJ I understand that feeling so very well. It's like Christmas but you can't unwrap the presents and you have to carry them all around with you!!!
    It is so uncomfortable in the end and every little thing becomes burdensome.
    Try and plan something nice for each day. Just a little thing but something that is for that day. Get massages - it's important to mother the mother and to help you to relax. Do the hairdresser, do the pedicure, do the manicure. Indulge yourself. Try out new recipes and freeze them (if you like to cook if not don't go there!). Do long lunches with friends. These are all things that will soon not be so easy to do. This is your time to nurture and endulge yourself. It's important. Something for you and somthing nice each day helps to pass the time. I am so excited for you! This baby is going to be here very soon!!
    Hugs

AJ - I'm sorry that you feel this way... I am not there yet so can't offer much advice... just want you to know that I am thinking of you...

Have you spoken to m/w or ob about the way you are feeling...

PLease don;t worry about the size of bubs, they are never right with that, he/she might be on the bigger end of the scale, but it doesn't mean that it's going to be 10 pounds!!!

Try and stay positive... and visualise the birth... it might work... worth a try anyway...

oh Aj! i cant believe its almost over for you! it feels like yesterday you conceived!

Hang in there babe! enjoy it

Fraser Guest

I'm with you AJ - I am so cranky for no particular reason - I don't really want to go into labour yet, but I really thought finishing work and bumming around doing nothing, watching tele and relaxing would be great fun - but I'm just cross at everyone all the time and DH cops it by the time he gets home - I don't really want to be around anyone, but I'm a bit lonely!! so weird!

everyone says hang in there - and I guess that's all you can do - but by golly gosh I hopethe next few weeks go quickly - I don't think DH can cope with me for much longer!

Oh AJ, it's sucky to be so cranky all the time isn't it.

But I think Deb might be onto a winner, try and plan just something small each day, and then perhaps it will feel like you have something to do or achieve each day other than just spending your time waiting and waiting...hopefully it will help you feel productive and keep you busy and provide a bit of distraction for you.

All the best hon

AJ - tonnes of labour vibes coming your way! Hope it eases for you in the meantime...

oh bless you all - thank you for helping me get through the grumpy times - it is just tiring and a bit of a strain and feeling like a whale and out of control of things really brings me down - the midwife mentioned about people who are used to being in control of things struggling through this part of the pg and i tell you what she's not wrong.

Trying to stay positive - not just look at all the negatives - only have 18days till induction if this don't happen before than so there is one positive, also Deb your idea is fab - going swimming today - love that right now and will do some baking - just hate having to clean up again afterwards!! Tee hee!!!

Again thank you all for letting me let off steam hopefully the next 18 days will fly by...

AJ I know how you are feeling. Lay around and rest up. I honestly think that feeling this way is kind of preparing you to be mentally ready to give birth IYKWIM.

((((HUGS)))) AJ - 10 more days!! WOW where did your pregnancy go???

Not long to go, I have no suggestions other than try to do some relaxation now...OR

strangle hubby.