Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Packing the hospital bag

Cool Packing the hospital bag

I thought I already posted this, but it mustn't have gone through ...

For the hospital bags, I need to pack singlets, body suits and jumpsuits.

But what size to get? 0000? or 000? Help!

I bought a 7-pack of 0000 body suits, but my SiL gave us 000 stuff for Xmas ... so now I'm confused.

I have a mixture of both, but mainly 000, as I have no idea what size bubs will be. A gf said it doesn't matter if the sizing is too big b/c they grow so fast but also you can roll up the arms (& legs) if it is too big and b/c they aren't crawling/walking around and are usually wrapped it really won't matter. I only have 4 0000 all in one jumpsuits and a few singlets but mainly body suits (I'm told that singlets roll up) the rest is 000

We had only bought 000 clothes & Zander was born 8lb 14oz, so a big-ish bub. The day we left the hospital we sent my mum racing down to get some 0000 clothes because the 000s were massive. That said, my little shorty still wears some size 0 pants at a week off turning 2!

Taia's Mum Guest

I've also packed a mix of both sizes in singlets and jumpsuits just in case! Can't hurt to have them at the ready!

Nina was 6 pound 9 and wearing 00000 when born!! I hadn't packed any of those sizes so hubby had to go shopping the day she was born.

I had another pipsqueak and she wasn't in 000 until about 3months (still wears it in some stuff), so we had to go and buy the little tiny stuff too. If you only get a couple of suits in white it won't be a waste.

wow lol i didn't realise this i was told 000 was standard new born but it seems thats not necesarily the case lol i am only 12 weeks but i am glad i saw this so i will know to atleast have some smaller things lol... did u keep the tags on them etc incase they were too small though and u couldn't use them???

I was told by a friend to take 0000, she said she got heaps of 000 stuff at her baby shower but no 0000, even though they're not in them for long before they outgrow them!

Jas was 8lb 3oz and went home in 00000 as she was really short. She was in this size for about a week to 10 days then in 0000, then in 000 by three months. For this one, I have packed 00000 to come home in, but a couple of different kinds of outfits - one all in one and one pants and t-shirt with no feet in case he is taller.

i've also packed a mixture - mostly of 0000 and even some 00000 cause i'm expecting a wee little girl. My plan is to keep some a couple of bigger sizes - as well as some premmie ones (incase she's very teeny like my 1st DD) washed and packed in a bag on the changetable at home so if needed hubby can bring them to the hospital. That way i'm not packing unnecessary clothes.

Thanks ladies

Hmmm. OK I have only one 00000 outfit that was given to us.

I guess I'll take the tags off everything, wash it all and if we need 00000's then I'll send DP and my mum out to buy & wash them. We're in hospital for 5 days, so will the clothes be really important in there?

I also bought myself a new pair of PJ's (flanno cow print with an orange singlet shirt) and a crop top bra to labour in.

i have only brought 000 all in ones, and singlets etc, figuring that me and dh are tall, so will have a tall baby. I also figure, that if it is to big, that baby will be wrapped, esp being winter, so doesnt matter all that much?
    Well, thats my thoughts anyway. And, as i am having a surprise, makes it harder to go crazy on the whole cloths buying thing.
    But, i still might get 0000, but, not to many.
    What do people use as a going home outfit. Everyone talks about it, but, does everyone actually have one? Is it that important anyway, considering you are only going from hospital, to car, to home?

DD was 8lbs 10oz and a long baby (DH & I are both tall) and she was in 0000 for about 1.5 weeks. If it wasn't for her long legs she would still be in them as a lot of the 000 are too big but the 0000 are too small.

Kaz, if when you're in hosp you want a quick fix for size 0000 clothes, you can get "newborn essentials" kits at target. From memory, the pack I got had 4 singlets, 4 coveralls, 4 wraps, a beeny, mittens, several pairs of socks, 4 bibs. Everything was white but you can get gender specific versions (not sure of their contents though). I think I paid about $40 for my kit and it was a saviour in hospital and I felt they were better quality than some of the other things I've bought. I am still using the wraps (they are MASSIVE) and socks (they are different sizes).

HTH

MG

Mya was wearing 00000 in hospital. I took 00000 stuff for Bodhi aswell,but as he was pretty big (9lb 4oz) he couldn't even stretch his little legs out & his shoulders were showing lol. I sent DF out to get 0000

mum2bee - My mum bought Nina a going home outfit. I was going to but mum insisted, but I'm glad she did cause I have a pic of her in it in her scrapbooking album.

I too have bought a mix of 000 and 0000 - have you noticed how different sizes are at different shops!!! A 000 looks tiny in one and then HUGE in others !!!! Doesnt change when you are an adult buying jeans, tops etc i guess!! Hee hee Good luck!

I'm going to be taking 0000 5 singlets, 2 nighties & 5 jumpsuits to hospital. All the other clothes we have bought or are going to buy will be in 000 and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazbah View Post
    We're in hospital for 5 days, so will the clothes be really important in there?
    Nah, if you haven't got the right size you can always keep him/her in the stunning hospital 'robe' thing while you run out and get what you need

Quote Originally Posted by Kazbah View Post
    I also bought myself a new pair of PJ's (flanno cow print with an orange singlet shirt) and a crop top bra to labour in.
    Sounds cool - love the sound of the jammies!

ETA: You'll get heaps of pressies too, don't forget
    We haven't had to buy any clothes for Natalie yet, and she's a couple of months old already!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast