Thread: Pain...

Default Pain...

I went to an appointment with the midwifery group clinic through the hospital in Brisbane that I'll be having Ramlet in and was amazed to hear the number of 2nd and 3rd time mums there voicing concern about the pain factor.

I know it's more than likely going to hurt again, but I have convinced myself that pain is manageable in so many ways that I'm not going to worry about it. It's a waste of time...anyway, as soon as it starts, it'll be over and forgotten about just as fast once the big fella/sheila arrives.

Is anyone else concerned about pain their second or third time around?

I think if I was in the second round I would be a bit. In some ways it would be easier because you know a bit ore about what to expect. I guess if they had difficulties (I had a few) they may be starting to remember what it was like!

SueB Guest

Mrsr ..... this is labor number 4 (baby 5) for me and you bet i'm worried about the pain. I can't speak for others but for me it has gotten more intense each time. My last DD was transverse and 10lb so i have some pretty huge pain memories, but that said i know each time is different and hope for an easier labor this time but having said that i have already decided in my birth plan that an epidural most likely will be asked for .

Sue B...you're a machine!! I honestly hope that it's an easier labour for you this time!

I think I'm better prepared to deal with the pain this time around as I know what I can possibly expect. I'm determined to be focused on dealing with it in a better frame of mind this time. I'll definitely be asking for relief though...I know that much!