Thread: Pelvic Floor Exercises Getting Harder?

Taia's Mum Guest

Question Pelvic Floor Exercises Getting Harder?

Hi Everyone!

Just wondering if anyone is finding the pelvic floor exercices are getting harder to do? I find them really easy when I go to the bathroom - but that's about it!

Just thought I would see if anyone else is having the same problem!

xoxox
    Nat

ps - must admit I don't do them as much as I should

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

Hiya Nat
    I am not doing them regularly, i forget, going to have to remind myslef somhow to do them. not difficult when i do them though. maybe i am doing them wrong, my physio (at antenatal aqua) has told me how to do them but you never know exactly the right way i guess. I was told i should do them each time i have a cuppa tea or in my car stop at the traffic lights.
    Its just another thing to try and remember really.

Taia's Mum Guest

Yeah trying to remember anything at the moment is hard! lol! Also find they make me want to go to the loo as well - which is why I definately pick my moments!

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

Very true, i might as well live in the toilet thats where i spend alot of time now-a-days.

Do you stand or lie when you do them? If you're standing then maybe by laying down it will take a bit of pressure off the pelvic floor while you excersise.

People seem to mention them alot around me these days so I do them whenever I hear pelvic floor LOL!

Natty, I dont find them difficult to do, but I do find its easier when I am sitting.

a friend told said she was told to buy a packet of stickers and put them allover the house or visible from everywhere she liked to sit and everytime she saw them they would remind her to do them

Taia's Mum Guest

Yep I find sitting down easier to do them. Came back to work today after a week away and they said my tummy is lower - wonder if that has anything to do with it!

i am hopeless with these exercises, i really dont enjoy them, probably because i am crap at them and need a lot more practice.... i can never remember to do them, and even when i do them, i feel pathetic as i cant hold them for anywhere near 10 seconds like they say you should...

is it really really bad if i have a weak pelvic floor for child birth?? god i dont want to tear, but i just think i am hopeless at these and dont seem to practice them to get better.... such a lack of discipline.... what happens if u dont do them?

I find it easier to do them while squatting. Bit hard to explain (and should probably do in private!!!) but at aqua natal, the physio had us hold the side of the pool, then go into a squatting position. I found it is much easier to hold them for the 10 secs when doing them like this.

I keep forgetting to do them.......... I know, I know, I should be.

Doing them in public is a no, no. I get this real funny look on my face and I am sure people either think I'm ready for someone to come and take me away or that I have a really bad case of gas I am trying to tame.

I find with the amount of holding in gas that I do the old muscles get a really good work out involuntarily - not at home though, "Be free, be free!!". Gross, eh??:eek: :biggrin:

Emma, doing them strengthens the pf muscles which is like a hammock under the cervix. They open and stretch obviously to let the baby through. If you dont do them, the muscles can be weak after you have the baby so that when you cough of laugh or sneeze you can wet yourself a little so basically it improves or maintains bladder control and also the inside vaginal muscles!
    Just learnt all about this in antenatal class last week

Doing them in public is a no, no. I get this real funny look on my face and I am sure people either think I'm ready for someone to come and take me away or that I have a really bad case of gas I am trying to tame.

I find with the amount of holding in gas that I do the old muscles get a really good work out involuntarily - not at home though, "Be free, be free!!". Gross, eh??
    This whole post just cracked me up!!

I don't do them as much as I should, but when I do, I'm usually sitting. That reminds me that I wanted (want is probably too strong a word) to start doing perineal massage... I should get onto that.