Thread: Pre-labour?

Post Pre-labour?

Hi guys just wanted to ask I woke up last night with excrutiating period pains, slightly panicked!!! I had to get up and walk around which felt better, then when I went back to bed had another wave of them. Dh was very good and told me the midwives had told us to go back to sleep and got me some panadol, good practise for him. This morning I feel a little sicky and tired obviously but nothing else has happened, and that is my first lot of period type pains.
    Are these contractions? Does this sound like pre-labour or am I being a little premature

Thanks Lis

Sounds like exactly what I'm going through, so I'm going to say pre-labour. Last night I ended up getting contractions every 2-3 minutes with excruciating period pain, then it all stopped after about 3 hours. Now this morning I feel really bruised in my pelvis. Unfortunately pre-labour can go on for weeks, but it's all worth it in the end. It's just your body doing what it's suppose to.

It does sound like prelabour...
    You might find it starts up like every night and then just dies down again - this can go on for a few days/weeks unfortunately. One of my mums who is due at the moment has had this going on every night for nearly a week and half.
    If you can, the best thing to do is ignore it. I know easier said than done! But if does go on for a week or two it can become really mentally and physically exhausting if you get all wound up every time it happens.
    Hopefully not too much longer for you hun !

I've started getting similar pains too in the last week or so, happens at night and in the mornings...I don't want to think of it as pre-labour yet too early! But when they happen I try to remember to practice my breathing and focus on something else and then they start to ease off.

Ive had the same thing on and off for the past 2 weeks.