Thread: Question

Default Question

Hi all,

I posted this in professiol support panel, but haven't had any replies... I am still not sure what to do at this stage... I will speak to my mw this wed when I have an appt... I guess I just want some opinions on the scenario... thanks

Just wanted to ask... I had GD last pg with DD completely controlled by diet, however was induced at 39 weeks as my BSL was going up... With this pg, I didn't have GD, and haven't had any symptoms until todays wee test. I had +++ glucose in my urine. The Dr that I saw didn't say alot, she wanted me to do a finger ***** test, but they didn't have a machine there, I had eaten a bowl of rice, but more than 2 hours prior so shouldn't have affected it that much I would have thought. Anyway she hasn't ordered anymore tests or anything, just told me to watch what I eat. I am a bit worried now that I have had time to think about it, as I didn't ever have any more than a trace of glucose in my urine throughout pg witrh DD. I told her that babies movements have slowed down, but I am still feeling 10 movements a day... she did say that baby is a good size and not too big???? any advice, I am on weekly appts now!

Also another one.... quick one.... I have been feeling well more seeing my tummy pulsate, it seems more like fast breathing movement than a heart beat.... any ideas?

Sorry Mel, dont really have any advice except if your concerned i would speak to your GP or MW. I have Polycystic ovaries (not the syndrome) and as a result have to have the 3 hour GTT. I had one at 16 weeks which came back no signs of GD but they still recommend checking at 28 weeks as things can change...

If you controlled the GD last time with diet maybe try and cut out the sugary foods and start a healthier eating plan until your MW appointment. But as i said if YOUR worried or concerned then get them to do some testing or take a look... cant hurt and at leat it will ease your mind

Mel, I always have the opinion that if you are concerned, get it checked out. If you didn't feel that this dr did enough then I would make an appointment to see another one to see what they say and get your urine checked again. If she was really concerned I would have though that she would have ordered a fasting blood glucose. How are you feeling? Definitely amend your diet and eat the way you would if you had GD jic, as long as everything is ok with you and baby I shouldn't think there would be cause for concern but if worried go and see another dr, you don't need any stress right now, you should be relaxing and preparing for the coming birth of your gorgeous baby. Good luck and good luck with the birth!

Thanks Rachel and Jess... It is comforting to know that someone cares!

I have been eating low gi all through pg, as I was scared of GD anyway, knowing I was always higher risk... I have an appt on wednesday so will see what mw has to say.

I feel fine aside from all the usuals... and bubs is moving around, so not too concerned really... I guess I just needed someone to say all will be ok, and that I am doing the right thing.

Thanks again.