Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rasberry Leaf Tea

Apparently, if brewed correctly, the tea is more effective, and definitely cheaper!

I'm another weirdo I like it too. I even stopped having it with honey (cos I'm a dental nurse and I was worried about geting decay LOL).

I thought I should update - I upped my dose of the tablets to 3 tabs 4 times a day, then 4 tabs 4 times a day. I had Oliver at 39w2d after a quick, drug free labour - 5 hours 45 mins or so all up, and I laboured at home for most of it. I got to the hospital fully dilated and Oliver was born 1.5 hours later. I don't know how much of it was the RLT but it certainly didn't hurt in my case. I'll be taking it again for future pregnancies.

Wow, a 5 hour labour for your first hey? Well the labour bag gets packed this afternoon (I did all the shopping for ALL the things I realised I didn't have last night), and then perhaps I'll relax afterwards with a cuppa.

Leebee that's great news!! Congrats

Oh yeah! Congrats Leebee.

Question time

I have started the raspberry leaf tea as of Friday (loose leaf), i started on 2 cups per day buti really enjoy drinking it! So i am is there a limit to how much you should drink and if so what is it? I had 2 on friday and 3 on saturday adn 4 today.
    I figure I won't go over the 4 cups but wonder if its ok to drink this much each day. I am not drinking it for teh benfits of labour as such as i labour well (first 11 &1/2 hrs, second about 6hrs, 3rd around 4hrs and 4th around 3hrs) plus i ahve had two c-secs, my first nearly 17yrs ago and my last nearly 15mths ago. I am going for a Vb again this time (as long as all goes well) but as I am classed as a grand multi (after 5 births) I have a higher risk of excessive bleeding and have heard that RLT can help with this and also help uterus go back nicely afterwards.

So any info would be great
    Thanks in advance

Hey ladies
    I am very interested in this also. I bought some tea and tablets this weekend but I'm not going to start taking it until Good Friday as I finish work this week and want to get all that sorted first! Seems most people on here had some benefits from taking it which is encouraging!

I bought some raseberry leaf tea Friday as well and started drinking it. Is it okay to drink it on ice? ice tea? thats what Ive been doing and its delicious!

I'm sure it's just as effective as iced tea... I've had it that way too - nice and refreshing!

I've had to resort to the tablets as I can't find anywhere local who sells the tea. Which means I'll have to re-learn the dose in tablet form Got awful BH at the moment too so should get onto that in case they turn into the real deal!

well i had a quick labour with my first 4 hours. But was allowed to go to 43 1/2 weeks...

This time i'd prefer not to be so post date as bubs was grey and peeling for the first few weeks...

Will the tea bring the labour on a little earlier... I'm 31 weeks now and would like to start the tabs soon...

I'm afraid I don't have any answers.

Would love someone to pop in and give us any advice they can. I would really like to know if there is a limit to how many cups of tea i should have in one day????

help anyone??????

Kat, I don't know? Maybe do a specific post about it, in the labour and birth forum? One of the midwives or doulas might see it. I think 3-4 would be fine, but it's best to check if you're unsure.

I've been drinking about 1.5-2 litres of it a day, iced, I would say its fairly strong. My dr said that's fine, knock myself out, its not going to hurt me or the baby. First do no harm, right?

I am not sure if its the RLT or not, but Ive been waking up at least 3 times at night with tummy cramps, and the only way to get rid of them was to go empty my bowels (sorry for TMI). I started taking them on Friday, stopped yesterday but last night stll had the same symptoms.

Janie thanks i didn't even think to post in there! I shall try that.

Bellelass well I am hoping it can do no harm, I figure it won't, but i don't want to drink too much and end up in early labour. Not sure if this can happen but want some facts first. Thanks for your input

Phoenixml i have no idea if its the RLT or not but i guess if you don't drink it again today and it still happens then maybe its not the tea and just your body getting ready??? Not sure. but thanks for posting

Well i shall try taht other thread now.
    Cheers
    Kat

Phoenix - I've been getting a bit of that too... reckon it's just my body getting ready. How far along are you?

I'm now on the tablets as I couldn't find the teabags locally... trying to find the right dosage for me at the moment...

Serious nettie??
    I thought i was allergic to it or something

Im 38wks and 5 days.

Phoenix - yes, seriously! I've had a lot of wind (sorry - TMI) and my 'movements' have become crampy and somewhat uncomfortable/painful right before needing to go.

I haven't necessarily been getting up in the night with it, but when needing to go, I get quite crampy - like you described.

I just figured it was bubs leaning on my digestive system!

That's not to say it's not the RLT - maybe it is, but I thought you'd like to know that you're not the only one! And I've been taking the RLT for weeks now and this has only started happening in the last week or so...

Hope it improves for you soon. Maybe we need a bit more fibre and water to help us out?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234