Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rasberry Leaf Tea

Ohh, does it lessen the chances of haemorrhages? That could be good this time round then...maybe I'll just start it late? How long do you need to take it for, for it to have any effect?

Oh no Nelle, I have no idea! I don't think it does. I was just referring to a comment made earlier in the thread.

Haha that's okay Sez, was just wondering is all! I should just keep my iron levels up if I can this time.

It's hard to prove if good labour is a result of the RLT or just coincidence. I took it last time and had an awesome labour experience so I will definitely be taking it again just in case!

My midwife was of the opinion that it can't hurt and might help so might as well give it a go.

I bought the tablets today (thinking it would be easier than brewing tea all the time) and the jar says 3 tabs 3 times daily. That seems like a lot. Should I be building up to that or something? I'm 35 weeks.

blackmore's says 3 tabs 4-5 times a day. I try to take 4x but sometimes i forget! It does seem a lot and you go thru a bottle so quickly.

Wow! Are they super cheap? I've started drinking the tea. Only remembering about 1 cup every 2 days at the moment... need to step it up soon. I don't mind the taste in the slightest- but then I always liked herbal teas.

I got the BM's at $6.60 at the Pharmacy Direct in Sydney. I've seen them at Harrison's for almost $10. each bottle has 84tabs

At Priceline they were $8.49 for a jar of 84. 3 tabs, 4 times daily means the jar is only going to last 7 days... I might start with 1 tab 4 times daily and build up from there.

Even with the tea, you're meant to have a few cups a day.

You can certainly build up to the recommended amount, but I wouldn't take too long about it, you don't have long to go! The tea certainly is a LOT cheaper (I buy a bag for $3 which would have about 60 cups worth in it) but trust me, you won't be concerned about the cost if it helps you to have a better, shorter, labour

Quote Originally Posted by Janie View Post
    Even with the tea, you're meant to have a few cups a day.

You can certainly build up to the recommended amount, but I wouldn't take too long about it, you don't have long to go! The tea certainly is a LOT cheaper (I buy a bag for $3 which would have about 60 cups worth in it) but trust me, you won't be concerned about the cost if it helps you to have a better, shorter, labour

Yeah, good point - I keep forgetting I don't have much time! I just took two now, will take another 2 with dinner and 2 before bed.

Here's the other thread - http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ad.php?t=54548

I drank the tea (I usually drink it for AF anyway) and had a 13 hour labour. I think it was better for me in post labour

My midwife said to not begin taking RLT until my due date as it can bring on Labour...

I'm confused! I'll talk to my Ob at my next appt (11th Feb) to see what he says. But he's not very alternative so I think he'll say not to have it at all!

Arrrgggghhhhhh!

I think the general consensus is that RLT does NOT bring on labour. It just helps the uterus to contract more effectively.

Perhaps do your own research Nettie, so you feel comfortable with your decision.

Thanks Janie - that's one reason why I'm subscribed to this thread! Then I can get some alternative views to consider and thereby making my own decision. There isn't a whole lot of stuff you can read up on as it's either medical opinion saying 'there's no evidence it helps' or alternative views saying 'Do it!'. Not very helpful!

I just want to be sure I'm not doing any damage and that I won't be harming either of us if I begin taking it... I'm starting to think I need to take it soon because my body seems to be craving Raspberry flavoured things and the midwife said that even Raspberry cordial can have the same affect as RLT!!!

Um, RLT doesn't taste anything like Raspberry! And I'm struggling to believe that raspberry cordial could have the same effect.....but someone may prove me wrong Good on you for looking things up for yourself though. Someone posted a study on RLT awhile ago, I'll see if I can find it for you.

As I said earlier in this thread, I really think that the RLT helped my labour....or at least it did us no harm. But I'm just one person

ETA Here is the link to that thread I mentioned http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ad.php?t=54548 very interesting I think!

Hi Janie

I know that RLT doesn't taste like Raspberry (used to take it for period pain) and I couldn't see why raspberry cordial would have the same effect except that I always buy the 40% juice cordials - so maybe there's something about having so much juice?? Could be thereputic?!

Thanks for the link - I'll head off and read that now...

~Belinda~ Guest

Hi Sue, well I took RLT (tablet form) and blitzed a 5 hour labour for my first! I was induced at 40w + 3days but when I went in, I was 2cm dilated already.

I really believe the RLT worked but I was also taking EPO and DTD a bit toward the end of my pregnancy. I even ate a whole pineapple a couple of days before I was induced!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast