Thread: Really Nervous

Default Really Nervous

Finally i've hit the third trimester, and all is going well - so far. I started my antenatal classes last week, and saw the whole birthing & labour DVD - talk about getting straight into it on the first night! I am getting so nervous now - actually seeing someone go through labour, and I realised that it has to come out, but I'm really getting nervous! Are / where any of you FTM really nervous?? I know people keep going back for more, so it can't be that bad, but last night I couldn't sleep as I couldn't stop thinking about it. i guess I'll just deal with it when it happens - maybe reality has just hit - that I am actually pregnant and it is coming out of me!

Perfectly normal!

I know when i was going to birthing classes, all the talks and videos were fine...until we went on a tour of the birthing rooms. I got so upset and scared, when the class was over i said to DH, 'I dont want this baby now....find another way for it to come out'. But since i was there and in labour all was forgotten.

Im going back for #3 so yeah..its not as bad as what your mind thinks to start with. I think its more fear of the unkknown right now!

All the best

Hell Yes!
    But belive me, once you're in labour you don't really notice.
    There's so much excitement about it happening and bub almost being here that the nerves sort of fade.
    I cried when i watched a labour and birth video cos i was so scared...
    Now i cry because they remind me what an amazing experience it is!
    Good luck with impending labour and birth darl, you'll do great!

Thats soooooooooooo normal, i was just like you not long ago and then it subsided as i got used to the idea and simply let myself feel nervous b/c it is big thing to happen so very understandable. So remember everyone feels this way at some time during their pregnancy and dont fight it just let yourself feel however you feel and itll go in its own time!! Enjoy the rest of your pg! Boy/girl???

Hope that helps. Jud

kirsty_lee Guest

Jacksta, darl this is soooo unbeliveably what we all go though!! especially with your first baby. I was exactly like you and was so freaked out but funnily enough it is true what they say you totally forget all about the pain and it's not really that bad. Yeah it's painful but you just have to keep in mind that it doesnt last forever and just remember that there are drugs there to help you. Don't stress darl, it's amazing what the body can do

Like Kimbaz said, I think its more fear of the unknown!

I was really scared first time. I wasn't sure how I would handle it, could my body do it, would my DH handle it, would everything be ok. All that sort of stuff but you are in good hands, just go with the flow.

I'm due to have #3 in a few weeks time so its not all that bad!

I am not nervous... just really excited! Every now and then I get a feeling of awe that I will be a mum soon! It is such an amazing thing to be waiting for! Also when I think of the birth/labour I just think about how I will have my beautiful baby... I don't really associate pain with it. I think childbirth will be an empowering experience.

Also if you want to see some more labour/birth vids utube have some that are really beautiful.

I have found reading the birth stories on BB are really inspirational as well!

:goodluck2:

Thanks all for your kind words, you've made me all emotional! See -you've all proved it can't be that bad by going back for more. I just have to be tough!! Like you all said, once you go into labour you are too busy concentrating so haven't the time to get nervous. As you can tell, I'm a bit of a sook, and I think its more the fact of loosing control of my body - that I'm afraid of - not being able to control what is going on. It makes me feel very vulnerable. My DH is great, and I'm sure he will be helpful on the day, so I just have to get over it. But its good to hear its normal, and i'm not loopy lah- lah!

I personally wasn't nervous about the birth of my DS..... I was booked in for an elective C/S. So I really didn't think about labour/birth at all (I was more interested in learning about BF). When the time came though I ended up having to have a VB! (I've posted my birth story)

So I went in totally cold. No classes, no birth videos, no nothing. I think we can all over think and over analyse things. When the time comes your body is going to do what its going to do. The midwives at the hosp will tell you what to do when the time comes anyway. Try to chill out and know your body will go into autopilot and you've just got to let it happen. I think ignorance is bliss..... that certainly worked for me!

Good luck :goodluck2: