Thread: Sharp Pain in Foot

Default Sharp Pain in Foot

I was awake numerous times last night with a sharp stabbing pain in my right heel and have woken this morning with a dull ache in my right foot. The pain was lowered with massaging my foot (very painful to touch) but only lasted a few minutes and came back again. Has anyone had anything similar? It is driving me crazy. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi, I had similar pain occasionally towards the end of my pregnancy. Funnily enough, I felt it on my right foot as well. Probably the extra weight gives more pressure to the foot, thats my guessing. The pain went away after I gave birth.
    Just make sure you're not too tired, resting and keeping your feet up might help too.
    Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy, not long to go now

Hi, I have had the same thing also in my right foot. I thought that I must have trod on something as the pain just shoots up through my heel. At least now I know I am not the only one. I can't stand wearing shoes as my feet are a bit swollen so I thought that maybe not having enough cushioning was the problem. Having a nice foot rubs tends to settle it down though.

Thanks Agnes and Joe i asked my Ob yesterday and he said it was just the pressure of baby as i also have weak legs so he suggested just to take it easy and elevate my feet whenever i can.