Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I be induced?

I have had inductions with #1 and #3 and haven't had a C- section with either although #1 was forceps cause she was posterior. I didn't have an epidural with either of them and with #3 only had gas. Having had both I would prefer not to be induced but having said that I would also rather my DH be there than have him miss it too.
    Good luck whatever you decide.

HI,
    Just a couple of thoughts.....have you tried natuaral methods of induction - some-one might point you to a website, there's sure to be one! But the usual suggestions are lot os sex, spicy foods, long walks (it all sounds kinda fun with your DP anyway) Are you sure your partner could not be there? Is there no mate who owes him a favour? Birth is a big deal, and your babe needs to come when the time is right for him or her. Most workplaces would understand. Emergencies happen, even for those in the emergency services. Most of us only have one or two babies in our lives - it's REALLY special. Very few babies are actually born on their due date - and many are late.
    Regards
    Barb

I personally would rather have dh there with me even if it meant being induced. It was very important to me to have him there - I didn't want anyone else.

~Belinda~ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by westy View Post
    Hey Bindy.....how are you are you still having those pains????
    Not many pains this morning westy at all! Crossing fingers though...

~Belinda~ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Barb Glare View Post
    HI,
    Just a couple of thoughts.....have you tried natuaral methods of induction - some-one might point you to a website, there's sure to be one! But the usual suggestions are lot os sex, spicy foods, long walks (it all sounds kinda fun with your DP anyway) Are you sure your partner could not be there? Is there no mate who owes him a favour? Birth is a big deal, and your babe needs to come when the time is right for him or her. Most workplaces would understand. Emergencies happen, even for those in the emergency services. Most of us only have one or two babies in our lives - it's REALLY special. Very few babies are actually born on their due date - and many are late.
    Regards
    Barb
    Thanks Barb, I have tried natural induction methods, none seem to be working, this baby definately wants to stay in there. Let's hope my partner can be there for her birth, him being in charge of his workplace makes it difficult and I really get frustrated with them. I am crossing my fingers anyway she makes an appearance before next Friday, when he is due to return. Thanks so much for your advice Barb. xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12