Thread: Should I be worried?

Default Should I be worried?

Just had my 35-36 weeks check-up at the midwifes clinic and my fundal height has not changed in the last two weeks. (33cm) I am a little worried so I booked in for another appointment next week to check.
    I thought that mabe bubs had dropped a bit or that the last measurement may have been off, but I am so confused now.
    I had a month ago a fundal height of 29, then 2 weeks later 33 now 33 again. Does anyone else feel I should be very concerned?

Kanda
    NO DONT BE WORRIED
    it is unrealiable at this stage as yes bub can drop down into the pelvis getting ready.
    My fundal height was 31 weeks at almost term - it didnt change from 33 weeks (when it measured 31).. my bub was just little 5lb13 and getting ready.

Your midwife should stop fundal height measure from 34-36 weeks for this reason as it is more of a hindrance than anything else stressing poor mtb's out like yourself.

Also if bub is transverse or turned posterior they will all measure different.

The only way to tell accurately is an ultrasound and measurement.
    But you will be fine!!!

Measuring your fundal height isn't necessary and it can vary depending on the position of the baby, the amount of fluid or even not having the tape in the same place each time or being measured by someone different can give you a different measurement. Many care providers don't even measure it anymore as itsn't an indicator of anything other than the height of your uterus. I wouldn't be concerned at all about it. Ultrasound isn't even an accurate measurement of baby's size either.

I really don't think you need to worry, my Ob has never measured fundal height with any of my pregnancies, and I think that if there was a problem the MW would have mentioned something to you

Don't stress out chicky - one adventures almost over and a whole new one is waiting to start!!

Nope... don't worry.... as the girls have said it is not accurate measuring anyway... especially if you have different measures!!! One week, I think I was about 26 weeks I was measuring 32 with the MW and she called the ob, and she measured me spot on... so really dont stress.... mind you the following appt, the same ob measured me about 4 weeks ahead and orderd a scan and bubs was perfectly on track!!!

Good Luck... not too long now!

Ditto to everyone else! Nothing to worry about, there are so many things that can change fundal height, some OBs don't even measure it anymore. Sit back, relax and enjoy your last few weeks of semi freedom!

I was so glad to read these posts!!
    I had an appointment this morning, I'm 32 weeks preg and my fundal height has only increased 1cm since my appointment 4 weeks ago (so it's 28cm now). So the midwife was a bit concerned and has booked me in with an obstetrician tomorrow.
    I have been really worried since and very emotional. But reading these other posts has helped calm me a little bit. (But can't help being a bit worried still).

Hey Jo, Just a follow up as well. As I am quite tall (176cm) bubs is not as squished up as smaller ladies may be. So this was a reason why my measurements were shorter than the average. I was told today that as long as there is constant growth over time you shouldn't worry either...