Thread: Sore/tingly nipple and leaking colostum

Default Sore/tingly nipple and leaking colostum

Hi,
    Cannot remember this happening with other pg. This is my fourth. My L nipple has been very sensative all day and a bit sore. I have checked it for redness/infection and it all looks fine. On inspection, have noticed it crusty (dried up col.) which has been usual for all my pregnancies. I also noticed on handling that some very yellow liquid col. came out. I know this is normal but I have never had it like this in pg. Quite excited really.

I am just wondering if others are having the sore/sensative/nipple feeling and if I need to get it checked out. The other b. /nipple is fine.

What do you think???

Hi Rose!!

I'm not sure about the tingly feelings- but i know leaking is normal!! I have been finding little dried up creamy bits regularly (sorry tmi!! lol) on my nipples- and in the shower i can give the boobs a little squeeze and stuff will come out- when DH catches me he laughs and says- keep it in there- its for the baby when he gets here- not for you to play with!!! lol I just figure like you- its just my body gearing up- so i get a bit excited about it too!! lol (Not like THAT!!!!!!)

Take care!!

I remember the first time I just casually squeezed my nipple and colostrum came out. I thought I was such a dag coz I got really excited and had to run off and tell DP!!

PMSL glad I'm not the only one!!!

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I also squeezed some out and ran and told DH!!! he thought i was feral but i was so excited!!!!!!

When u do squeeze some out rub it into nipple

LOL I blew my nose the other day and ended up with a wet patch on my shirt. Very attractive, and Shel had a great laugh about it!

My nipples sometimes get a bit sensitive and sore for no apparent reason, but if there's no redness or inflamation or anything I wouldn't be too worried. Maybe just mention it to your midwife/ob at your next visit and they could have a look, but I wouldn't worry about rushing out to the drs for a special visit.

I have only had slight leaking, to the point where I don't actually notice that it has happened until I check my bra and there's some residue!

The only major leak was a couple of weeks ago, my DH and I were getting to sleep and he said he felt a tickle on his back.. turns out my boob had just leaked all over him!! I was so creeped out!!

My boobs are really sore at the moment to the point where even a change in temperature (ie. hot to cold) is really painful...

ive had sore nipples thru most of the pregnancy.. time to time they have looked 'angry' theyre doing much better now.. it was good tho to get back into the habbit of moisturizing them again and using some nipple cream. However when its cold and they go er hard from the cold (TMI sorry) feels like they are burning! ouch... ive been leaking clear col from what ive seen for a few months.. so unexpected!!

Things seem to have settled down atm. I am sure they will flare up closer to delivery and beyond. I didn't go to drs, and the boob is not sore anymore. Still a little leaky but I know that is normal. Thanks for your replies.

Mine are sensitive too are are leaking colstrum. I just rub it into the areola to keep some moisture. The nipples get sore because all the milk ducts are preparing themselves for birth .I think it only gets worse when we have to put the baby's mouth on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozza View Post
    Mine are sensitive too are are leaking colstrum. I just rub it into the areola to keep some moisture. The nipples get sore because all the milk ducts are preparing themselves for birth .I think it only gets worse when we have to put the baby's mouth on it.
    What about my mouth

Things have seemed to have settled down now. There has been even less crusty bits too. I must get and wash my bra pads before I really need them though. Not long now.