Thread: Teary, moody, short tempered... anyone else?

Default Teary, moody, short tempered... anyone else?

Or am I just the world's biggest grouch?

I'm not a crier, generally. I don't weep easily. But the last week I've been bursting into unwanted tears literally at the drop of a hat - I say that because bending over is beyond me at the moment, it sets off horrid contractions if I have to pick things up off the floor and yet everywhere I step, I'm tripping on things the kids keep lying around. (The other day I slipped on a plastic pocket from someone's homework!!)

I couldn't get my cereal bowl out this morning because they are down low and someone had shoved them to the back of the cupboard. I burst into tears. There were weevils in my muesli, so I burst into tears. I felt tired, so I burst into tears. I snapped at dh last night because, after he had looked after me and rubbed my back all day and been absolutely loving and wonderful, he dared interrupt a dance I was watching on tv. And he snapped back... so I burst into tears. I rolled over in bed and my body pillow fell on the floor and I couldn't get it without having to haul myself out of bed which is a major logistical effort at the moment, so I burst into tears.

Argh! I'm becoming Irrational Pregnant Woman!!

awwww sorry that you are having such a hard time at the moment hun. I have no advice other than - I am sure that your family understands and they are not taking it to heart - if you need to cry - just cry, it might make you feel better - and if nothing else after Bubs arrives you can have a good giggle at all the things that made you tear up while you were pregnant.

If it makes you feel any better - I am only 17 weeks and I have been exactly the way you are describing since almost the day i got my BFP. Last night i was hysterical because my foot was itchy...

you poor thing! I am getting more emotional...not that point yet but I was BAD with Noah! You have a lot on your plate! 5 kids one on the way! Threatened preterm labour frequent contractions, bed rest, etc etc

I think maybe the huge difference in how emotional I was with Noah compared with thi pregnancy comes from having lots of issues that time to having an easy complication free pregnancy this time. It's a very hard time being preg when u don't know exactly whats going on etc and things aren't going exactly how we planned/would like them to go!

Won't be long and it will be over! Remember it's NORMAL to be emotional when pregnant!!

But that's just the thing, I'm *not* havign a hard time, I'm just *acting* like I am LOL. I mean, I'm sort of on bed rest to the end of the week when I reach 36 weeks and then it doesn't matter if I go into labour, and I'm pretty uncomfortable, but no more than anyone else at this stage of pregnancy. I'm being treated like a queen at home, I hardly have to do anything and everyone's being just lovely to me. I've really got NOTHING to complain about but I'm responding as if the world were ending!

I think you are right though, I should just have a weep when I feel like it. Give in to it!

I'm sorry you are feeling the same way - fwiw, I always found that by twenty weeks the happy buzzy hormones kicked in and I was blissed out totally for the next ten weeks or so.

Hun, I know it is hard, but at least you are still pregnant... Hang in there. Get out some soppy movies, and have a good old cry. Let it out. It must be so hard to have had to give up control of everything like this. It is not how you saw the end of your pregnancy. But you are doing so well keeping your little guy in there. You can do this.

Yes, yes and yes! I'm very much feeling that way at the moment as well and can relate to the issues bending over. I feel completely useless, and avoid anything that requires me to bend down. DH has been fantastic, and I just feel like a whinger. Anything that's not as easy as it should be brings on the tears and I feel completely irrational but I feel like I have no control over it.
    Not long for either of us now. :hugs: I just hope this doesn't last another 3-4 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by rufalina View Post
    It is not how you saw the end of your pregnancy.
    OMG you just made me cry again! That's exactly it, you know. I had these plans of going on maternity leave and spending lots of time playing with the kids, going for lovely long walks by the beach, pottering around the garden and generally feeling blissed out and huge and having lots of blissful bedroom moments with dh. Of course, once I get to 36 weeks, I can kind of do all of that if I feel up to it! And maybe once I'm able to do a bit more, I'll sleep a bit better too I hope.

Yeah I have been way more emotional since I hit the 3rd trimester. I have suddenly become so sensitive!

I can't wait until you hit that 36weeks mark and you cna do all the things you were planning too!

Remember you are GROWING A HUMAN BEING!!!! You're body is full of hormones to make that happen, your body is under stress, you're tired, you have other kids to think about, no matter how great they are or how much they aretaking care of you you still worry about them and want to take care of them add your DH to that and a squashed bladder, sore back, lack of breath and yep I think it's just fine for us preggos to cry when we need to!! lol

Actually Phil and I watched Nights in Rodanthe the other week (we were told it was an absolute tear jerker and REALLY good) I had a tear or too but both agreed it wasn't what we expected or as good as we had been told. I then said about the notebook DH got me to remind him of the storyline and within 20seconds of talking about it i was an absolute blubbering mess so I highly recommend it to get the emotions out!!

I have been exactly the same way.. So glad to hear its not just me.. Up until a few weeks ago I was in the "Everything is wonderful" stage.. The pregnancy hormones were keeping me all relaxed, calm etc.. THEN..... I became cranky about EVERYTHING!!!

I had less patience with my son, No patience at all for my husband and snapped at anyone who dare spoke to me!!

Then last weekend it all came to a head.. I cried and cried and then cried some more... I felt like i had so much to deal with, the renovations, getting everything ready, finding a name, looking after my son.. then i realised i have to go through child birth again, I decided i didnt want to breastfeed, I felt terrible i was going to be leaving my son to go to hospital etc, etc, etc...

After a few hours of a very patient husband and lots of tissues i have felt 100% better ever since...

I am still a bit crabby at times, but think I just neede a huge cry..I can Highly recommend this to all!!!!

Hope you all feel better soon!

Hun, first of all, to all who are going through the same thing. You are definitely not alone in this. I have been feeling the same way too although DH doesn't seem to understand why I have turned into a emotional balloon... Last week, I burst into tears when DD took tissue paper out from the box and started tearing it all over the place... When I couldn't pick up something from the floor, I get frustrated and burst into tears... I feel like I have turned into a crying machine where in reality I am usually not a crier as well. These days have been extremely long since my leg swelling is so bad that I have a hard time putting on any shoes to go out... so I've been avoiding to go out as much as I can... and when I'm so sick of staying home, I cry because I feel so sick of staying home without being able to get some fresh air... I think the last weeks really get to us since we're so close and yet so much go through our minds....

Don't worry, it's not too much longer and you'll have all the joy in the world... before you know it, you'll burst in tears of happiness!!!! Hang in there, hun... we're almost there!

Quote Originally Posted by Toomanytoomany View Post
    Argh! I'm becoming Irrational Pregnant Woman!!
    *giggles* We need to get you a cape and spandex suit with a big "I" on the belly! You can dash from house to house and become irrationally upset - making men appreciate their PMSing partners once and for all! A true hero!

Honestly though - Wish I could make it better - but if your brain is saying you need to cry, then just do it. I am sure they all appreciate, despite the fact that they are trying to make it easy for you, that this is NOT going to plan at all.

Yep, yep and YEP! I hurt and can't sleep, I can't roll over for the most part without being in agony. I can't pick stuff up off the floor but at least Oskar does it for me...lol. I get sharp stabbing pains and BH like I don't remember them before. At least bub seems to be healthy though. to you... we're on the downhill now.

Quote Originally Posted by Inertia View Post
    *giggles* We need to get you a cape and spandex suit with a big "I" on the belly! You can dash from house to house and become irrationally upset - making men appreciate their PMSing partners once and for all! A true hero!
    Actually I want to bottle IPW (Irrational Pregnant Woman) and bring her out on all those occasions when I'm thinking I 'should' be polite and accomodating... <evil grin>

"Tired of being patient with people at checkouts who ignore you or people who push in when you are trying to get on the train? Tired of being everyone's doormat when they insist that it's All About Them when you know it should be All About You? You need.... Irrational Pregnant Woman! Guaranteed to clear a room of oblivious twits in five seconds and embarass every inconsiderate idiot within a 5km radius."

Quote Originally Posted by Ozziehoffy View Post
    Yep, yep and YEP! I hurt and can't sleep, I can't roll over for the most part without being in agony. I can't pick stuff up off the floor but at least Oskar does it for me...lol. I get sharp stabbing pains and BH like I don't remember them before. At least bub seems to be healthy though. to you... we're on the downhill now.
    Yes, nearly there now!

I feel much better after my appointment at the hospital today. THe doctor was really lovely and sympathetic, and everything with the baby is brilliant. So it felt good to say that though *I'm* feeling lousy, my body is doing a great job of gestating a healthy baby

Ah thats a big YEP from me..

For exmple: Dh called before & asked me to go to beaurepairs to book in for new tires, well i just went off, i dnt book tires thats no my friggin job, how am i meant to know what to bloody ask for they ask me questions at the tire place and i feel stupid when i cnt answer them grrrr

His extremley calm and slightly amused response was

" ok darling a little bit hormonal are we babe, its ok, ill do it tomorrow. Love you"

grrrrrrr

LOL!!!