Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things are happening.....

Hun, totally normal to feel like that.. .your body is in overdrive doing lots of things at once and throwing different hormones around so that your little wombal (love that by the way) can come and meet you. It sounds like you won't have to wait too much longer! That's so exciting, all the best for a wonderful birthing experience Oh... and if you can help it (unless of course for bub's sake) I'd ask them not to break your waters and to let things progress on their own

Hi,

I'm feeling for you! Personally I would just wait instead of having waters broken because then they might want to stick you on the drip which is more painful that normal labour I was induced with Noah 3weeks early for medical reasons but if you can handle it I would really try to hold out for nature to take it's course. Don't feel guilty hun its only natural to feel frustrated at this stage. Once your bub is born you will wish you had the feeling of those kicks and the beautiful pregnant belly

This is an amazing experience try to have some you time and you and DH time, are your legs shaved and your nails painted? have a cup of tea and put a face mask on soak your feet and get a friend to paint them read a book even though the idea is ridiculous try to take your mind of it and remember it will come and go in the blink of an eye - kinda like a wedding seems to take forever to come and then over so I know its almost impossible but try to relax and enjoy every moment. Maybe do a run through all the things you're going to use for pain relief so you can have your mind round it all while your mind is still working!!

Another one here who thinks you should let your Dr know you are happy to wait and see if bub makes a bit of a move on his own...Sounds like it won't be too much longer Make sure you get looots of rest!!

~Belinda~ Guest

Macca, hope you are well today, have been following this thread, hope you meet your little one soon.

My Ob broke my waters at 40w+3d. My induction was fine (did hit fast though)! I was induced at 7am and had her by lunch time (12.22pm!). It was a quick labour.

You forget everything once you meet your little one....I was up and walking in half an hour after birth!

Do whatever you feel is best though! Each to their own....everybody's experience in different.

Good luck with everything, thinking of you

Hi all

Just letting you William James arrived on Monday 31st at 9:15 pm. I've posted more info under the Birth Announcements.

Thanks for all your support and well wishes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12