Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Those of you who have had winter deliveries

Question Those of you who have had winter deliveries

This might be a silly question. Just wondering if in the weeks leeding up to the birth of your child did you make sure your legs were nice and smooth. "shaven" Just in case you went into labour and didn't get to shave. In winter I am not as aprticular in shaving my legs when they are covered. I would like my legs nice and smooth when on show but does it really matter.

What did you all do?

Thanks......

I got a wax (legs, underarms, bikini - but not brazilian or anywhere near that high!!) at about 37 weeks. Which was probably a good thing as I went into labour and then an emergency C-section at 38w6d TBH - I don't think anyone notices or cares really. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable / happy / special before the big day. And it may be the last time you see the beautician for a while too

I shaved Was a bit difficult and I missed bits but I managed!

I was due in May, but it was coolish and I somehow managed to shave my legs with my leg up on the bath around the side of my belly! I know some people don't bother but I hate having hairy legs even in winter so I do them about once a week when they get a bit amazonian!!! I also did my bikini line and toenails- OMG if you look in my gallery and see how big I was I do not know how I managed around that tummy but where there is a will there is a way!! I wore thongs every day from 16 weeks so I liked my feet to look nice!
    Good luck - I guess it really is a personal choice!

I try to do a bit of a tidy up, shave legs, trim between legs... but I know that they don't care what you look like... honestly, they are so flat out (each midwife has about 4 labouring mothers to look after simultaneously some days) that what our hair coverage is like is the LEAST of there concerns!

Be easy on yourself... medical people see thousands of women over the course of a career... they see everything... and I try to tell myself that there are more important things and it's good for the soul to let vanity (not saying you are vain) take a backseat.

These days my teenage daughter asks me every day: what do you think of my hair!??? I think I'm over that stage personally LOL I know it's hard to let go... but if you find yourself in the hospital before you are totally ready (smoothness-wise) then please don't stress.... there's no need to

Just my opinions

Ditto what everyone has said.... I have had long showers in the early stages of labour at home, and have done a quick tidy while in the shower then. I know its been freshly done then But honestly, you wont care if there is a whole forest done there once your in true labour, and when bub is in your arms!! A quick once over in the shower leading up to D day will keep you nice though too....

Enchanted Guest

Oscar was born in July and it was freezing then. I always like to have smooth legs anytime of year but I was told I was being induced so 4am that morning I was up shaving my legs, underarms and gave the "other area" a little tidy up (well what I could see). I was glad that I did it but I'm sure none of the hospital staff cared how I looked.

I did what most have already mentioned.... my bub was born in middle of June. I shaved the night before my due date... legs and in between legs etc.. lucky I did as my bub arrived right on schedule! I am glad I did shave legs as everyone had to hold them! LOL

I'm having a winter babe and I will, hopefully, if labour is spontanious, get in the shower for a shave. If not and I am induced then again I will shave just before hand.

I have very sensitive skin and if I wax Ill be covered in a rash for the first week, If I shave too early then when the hairs start sprouting again I get VERY itchy legs and end up in a rash as well. So I wont be preparing anything - just hoping that things dont happen so quickly that I cant 'get ready' before hand.

I'm like you rose - If I dont need to shave I wont - purely for the rashes which are worse now that I am pregnant. Often my DP laughs and tells me in a voice how 'sexy' my legs are - at least he can be funny about it.

Im due in June and am going to book in for a wax, bikini line and lower legs, I figure it might be a while till i get the time to do it again .
    Im not really fussed about what the staff will think Im sure they will be more concerned about delivering my bub

I tidy everything in the lead up to my due dates. Eye brows, tint eye lashes, everything. I want to look good in those new mumma photos LOL.

I shave my legs relisgiously every 2 days anyway (dunno how I manage that one) and I get a brazilian every 4 weeks. I'm due for my next brazilian at 36 weeks, so I think that's perfect timing. If I end up going late, I can get another done at 40 weeks! lol
    I do like to have a tidy up of my eyebrows and everything as well when my due date starts looming.
    But tbh, the staff won't care if you're shaven or waxed, or not. They have seen a million of them.

well I will be the ferral one to say that I plainly couldn't care less - with what they are going to see the last thing they are thinking about is how hairy your legs are. Personally I can't stand getting waxed whilst pregnant/having period. It's more painful than usual. I remember trying to tidy that specific area but couldn't see much anyway lol. If you feel like you will feel better and like you have done all you can - then go for it!

Default PS

oh btw it's possibly got a fair bit to do with the fact that I have fair hair and it's not AS noticable too. So that probably makes a diff for me!

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I can tell you now as a midwife we dont care how hairy legs and twats are!!!!

I have had about 5 brazillians done ever in my life and could not imagine having it done while preg!!

And legs well if i get round to getting them done I will but when i last had them done about 5 weeks ago it was uncomfortable to move on there skinny beds and cant lie on front now as to uncomortable.

would never go back to shaving

Think I had hairy legs when I went into labour last time. DH had trimmed my bikini area for me, just so it was easy to deal with afterwards, not anything to do with who saw me. Like FJ I got my hair and eyebrows done close to my due date, so I was not so feral for photos and also as I knew it would be awhile before I went to a hairdresser again.

This time I still don't care about my legs, but I will need to find a good waxer and get my eyebrows and upper lip done. I will get DH to deal with my bikini area again for me. My hair was cut a couple of weeks ago, so it should still be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by livyloosmum View Post
    well I will be the ferral one to say that I plainly couldn't care less - with what they are going to see the last thing they are thinking about is how hairy your legs are.
    LOL Good on ya Rach

I couldn't have cared less how hairy my legs and other bits were (and they would have been fairly hairy as it is too difficult to shave when you are 9.5 months pregnant!). I really don't think that the health professionals are gong to take any notice of how hairy you are, there are far too many other more exciting things going on down there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast