Thread: Tips on pain desperately needed

Default Tips on pain desperately needed

Well im 37 wks pregnant, baby is engaged - sitting at 0 descent, and im 3cm dialted. Im wondering if any of you have any tips on pain relief. I can't walk, when i move in bed its agony, and my back/bum and VJ are killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All im doing is wepping in tears from this constant pain. It honestly feels like the baby's head is right there. Ive taken some panadol but that did nothing. Any tips on how some of you overcome this pain would be great, im willing to try anything.

Jump in the shower I say. It might be painful to get in there, but warm water is great for labour pain.

If you're contracting (are you?), then lying on your back will be more painful than if you were in an upright position as your uterus is contracting forwards, which means upwards if you're on your back - against gravity. Hope that makes sense.

Or if you want to stay in bed, get a hot water bottle on your back. Not so hot it burns though - wrap it in a tea towel or something

Is it from labour or contractions or does it feel like it's in your joints & bones. Pubic bone & groin?
    Could be seperated pelvis if thats the case. I had/have that problem.
    If it's labour pains, try a shower. It could help.

What does your ob say??

My ob (who is low interventionist) has already told me that because this is my 2nd pregnancy he would be happy to induce me if I got to the end of my pregnancy and was having severe back pain and had just had enough. If you are in that much pain I think you should give your ob/caregiver/hospital a call.

My friend was in a very similar situation to you, her second pregnancy wound up being induced because she was in so much pain she couldn't move and couldn't stop crying. She didn't want to be induced because it was her birthday (and didn't want to be in labour on her birthday) but in the end her DH rang the ob who told her to go straight to the hospital.

I am a big fan of spontaneous labour and avoiding intervention where possible, but I really think you should be seeking professional advice on this one asap. In my unprofessional opinion, you should not be in this much pain this early.

I was in that much pain. For months. Back pain I suffer from all the time. The seperated pelvis I was in tears & pretty depressed towards the end of the pg. I cried nearly every day coz I was so over it. It hurt so much, but I couldn't stay in bed all day with 2 other kids & a house to look after. My gp told me to slow down & rest heaps, but i was silly & didn't listen. It still hurts 3 months later.
    I hope you can last til you go naturally. If it gets too much you can get induced if you want. If they'll do it.
    What ever you decide, good luck & I hope you feel better soon.

Maybe look into getting a TENS machine. I had one in labour, but I can see that it prob would work even better in pre-labour. I think there's info on belly belly somewhere, or you could google, or call a local physiotherapist. xoxoxo

Thanks to all your reply's!! I actually ended up in labour later that night. I gave birth to a beautiful little girl - Lilli Eileen, on the Sunday, weighing a nice 6lds 11oz, born 2 1/2 wks early.

Congratulations Rach! Well done, now you have one of each!

Awww congrats Rach

Yay. Good on you!