Thread: TMI warning... Hard one

Default TMI warning... Hard one

Ok.... this one really hard to explain, so hopefully I can get across what I mean... I have been thinking about how to write it for a while....

1. Here goes with the hard one first... I have been having a really sharp, excruciating pain down there... Now by down there I mean the outside of my vagina... (TMI bit...) you know the muscley bit where your pubic hair is on the outside... everytime I move in bed, get up from sitting, and sometimes when I am walking. It feels muscular but I didn't know we had muscles there! It is sharp like knife cutting pain that has almost brought me to tears... Anyone know what it might be?

2. Poo.... sorry... but do you think that it might be baby thinking about making an entrance, I feel like I need to do a good 5 poo's a day, they are sometimes REALLY hard to get out like being constipated, but once they are moving it's almost dioreah (sp) like but firmer. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all and others the smallest amount then the nprmal sized ones....

I told you TMI!!! Hoping someone has answers!

Hey Mel

I get sharp shooting pains sometimes where the baby's head is pushing on my cervix and with my other pg's towards the end i got really heavy pressure on the bits where you are describing, i think it is just the pressure of the baby being really low or engaged and all the extra blood flow to the area. I found that i had to lay down a few times during the day to relieve it as for me standing or doing too much made it almost unbearable.

As for the poo, for me it is different day by day, some times i go alot and some days i feel constipated. I had severe haemorroids (sp?) with the others and that can be really painful and make it hard to go as they swell up. I have heard some other ladies here on BB say that the day or days before they went into labour they poo'd quite a few times.

HTH I'm no expert but if you are worried call your MW or OB.

Such fun at this stage it feels like it is dragging

Trina

I don't know about #1, but #2 happens to me, I'm right at 30 weeks. Its uncomfortable, kind of painful, but its happened to me every so often all through this pg. Some days are like that, 3-6 times, then I won't for like 3-4 days. I just try not to strain too much, and eat plenty of fibre and fruit, I don't know if there's much more to be done for it.

1. i think the stabbing pains is bubs sittin on nerves down there ect, i get it too! and in my groin and tops of my legs too, sometimes when im walkin i have to stop!
    2. yer more #2's mean ur getting close to labout yay! lol sometimes i have to do 2 or 3 a day, and mine are the same, hard at the start then real soft at the end... very weird!

hope this helps!

1. The pain could also be varicose veins. I've heard of women getting them down there late in pregnancy. Your doc should be able to give you an answer.

2. Last preg I had the same thing from about 37 weeks. Would sit down thinking I needed to push a lot then it would gush out. Could be up to 4-5 times a day. I think it is just your body getting rid of "stuff" in preparation. Good luck.

Thanks guys... I will ask Ob about the pains on wednesday when I see her...

as for number 2... I am really hoping that your right dee and jess and it is getting close...

Re #1 you might have symphisis pubis pain. It is when the muscles in your pelvis, holding it together, stretch but unevenly. I have been getting it - very painful. It feels like I have been torpedo kicked right on my pubic bone (but only on the left side - one side is common). Sypmtoms become painful when walking alot, going up stairs, getting out of bed or the car, generally at times when you're legs are uneven. My Ob says a physio can help alot, but I havent booked my appointment yet.

I have loads of pain in my pubis area. Loads of stretching and bumping and grinding (by baby, unfortunately or fortunately, however you want to look at it!), and my methods for constipation are more TMI than your post. Drink lots of fluids. eat fibre and yoghurt (if you can), and call me in the morning!

kirsty_lee Guest

Lol i've had the #2 issue as well.. although im over being pregnant i hope this doesnt mean that baby is coming too soon cause i've still got 10 weeks to go :S

paradise lost Guest

Yeah:

1. sounds like your pubic bone starting to separate. DON'T WORRY. It's supposed to and it does in all women. THe front of your pelvis is a joint which loosens in pregnancy and opens a little bit during birth as the bubs head comes down through the bones, and though it can be painful and annoying you CAN avoid the pain as much as possible. Move both legs together and keep your thighs together as much as possible. To get out of bed put your knees together and swing both feet to the floor as you swivel on your bum. Same getting in and out of cars and to climb stairs if it hurts do one step at a time, so left foot up one, right foot joins it, right foot up on, left foot joins it. If you can take a life or escalator then do so. If it becomes very bad and you're in the house you can turn around and sit and shuffle up the stairs backwards on your bum. Talk to the Ob about it, they can often offer physio or a pelvic belt (that goes tight around the hips to hold the joint together more firmly). If it's bad by birth (some women get a bit of pain, i did when my knees were apart, others end up needing sticks to walk or even a wheelchair - it's very individual, the ob will be able to help figure out how bad it's getting) you should try to give birth in a position where the knees aren't too far apart - all-fours, or kneeling, or where you are very supported, like on a birthing stool with knees not too wide apart. If you DO end up having an epidural and give birth on your back with feet in stirrups, make sure the midwife/ob who puts you in them knows you've had a dodgy pelvis so they can be extra-careful about moving your legs when you can't feel anything.

2. Once DD's head came down i found that she got a bit "in the way" for #2. Both physically and because being PG slows the bowel as your body takes every last nutrient from your food for you both. The bowel sometimes loosens things up to compensate but that means that until it's almost out you feel like you're constipated and then once it gets through it's all loose (some TMI back!). Try not to sit and strain as it can make potential 'roids come up/worsen, give it a go for a minute or two and if nothing happens come back in half an hour and try again.

HTH

Bx

(Sorry, off topic: Hoobley - I don't think they use stirrups here anymore even if you have had an epi. I had one last time to keep my bp down as I had eclampsia, and even though I was on my back I didn't have stirrups - the midwife and my dh were on either side of me and I had my feet on their hips.)

Yeah they do dee... I had epi with DD and had my feet in stirrups... I guess it depends on the Dr/Hsop!

Thanks Hoobley.. that was great... made me laugh and feel better at the same time!

And JATOC.... thanks too... I am actually seeing my BF this week who is a physio... will ask her!

Oh, I didn't realise! I'm going to a different hospital this time so I'd better check that out. I don't want to be stirruped!!

Can't really help with #1 but I have started having probs with #2. It was normal for me to go every 2 or 3 days but now I go 2 to 5 depending. I found my vitamins were making me constipated but since stopping them it's not an issue. Sometime though it's hard at the start and the really soft by the end. I have increased my fibre and started on v8 juice which has helped alot. If your really worried give your MW or OB a call.

I get the pains!!!!!