Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on me..

Default Update on me..

Well as most of you know, went in for gels last night but got sent home coz i was alreadty 3cms dilated. She did a stretch and sweep before i left. Since 12pm yesterday i'd also been getting more than usual braxton hicks. BH became more ouchie during the night but i managed to sleep though them only waking up about 3 times. Woke up at about 5am with very ouchie and regular contractions coming every 5mins. Got up at 5:30am and waters broke. Rang midwife and she told me to come to hossy at same time i was going to anyway, 7am. In the meantime contractions went to every 3mins. Got there just after 7. Contractions started to slow down back to 4mins apart. Contractions we in both lower back and under belly. They really started to fizzle out though at around 11am. Midwife checked cervix at 12pm and still only 3cms! Grrrr. So had some lunch and chose to go back home. Booked in for indction on Friday if nothings happened by then because it will be just over 72hrs after waters broke. Had a nap for about 2 hours. could still feel contractions but didnt hurt any more. Got up and now having very ouchie contractions again but they are all over the place. Bub is not really in the ideal position, so his head is probably not on my cervix fully which is why it won't dilate. His back is at my right side. Got told to sleep on left side and he has moved around to front a bit more which is good. but still getting these damn contractions in my back! they hurt like crazy. In my tummy i can stand but not both! He's not even posterier! I am feeling so very discouraged at the moment. Jacob has been excellent though. I feel like chucking one of Lily's major tantys!

Chuck a tanty all you want Tegan

And don't forget

YOU CAN DO IT

C'mon everyone, join in on Tegan's cheer squad!!

oh Tegan!! *hugs* how frustrating for you!!! Please go & chuck a tanty!! Release all that frustration & stress!!

EAT: Good idea Sarah!!!

GO TEGAN GO!!! You can do it matey, every little turn is one more towards your little boy. You are a strong woman who can get there!
    Last edited by christy; October 10th, 2006 at 05:19 PM.

Kirsty77 Guest

Oh hun your doing so well!! Those contractions are doing something. Don't get discouraged. Try to rest up as much as possible. Thinking of you.......

ETA.......ok cheer squad..............GO TEGAN!!!!!!WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww Tegan! I hope it all starts happening for real soon, mate!
    LV's, LV's, LV's!!

Chuck the biggest tanty you like, Tegan. Go for it

As for labour and birth, you can do it honey!!

Go Tegan, Go Tegan!!! Yay Tegan!!!

oh tegan, i have no doubt you can do it!!!

Tegan: Sorry you are going through this frustration, i hope everything kicks off on its own so you dont have to wait it out to go back there, best of luck it all goes great for you

TEGAN! you can DO IT! it will all be ova b4 you know it....Come on baby....time to meet your mummy.

Tegan, we all know you can do it. It's awful that everything is taking so long for you but you can do it, and you'll feel so good when it's over.

Best wishes to you!

I'm with the others, Chuck your tanty & stomp your feet! They say walking helps to get things moving, so stomping would have to do something good!!

Go Tegan, Go Tegan, Go Tegan!!!!!!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Just throwing in some more support... "Go Tegan, Go!!"
    I hope you're already in full on labour, mate!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Tegan, the back pain should reduce as bubby moves around to anterior, sounds like all the right stuff is going on. Remember early labour is exactly that, up to 4cms can take some time but obviously you are on a time limit. So re-read my articles on natural labour induction, get some acupuncture, walk, go up stairs - which will help turn bubs, and try not to get too anxious! You are so close - a slow build up can be a good one
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Good advice, Kelly. (Of course you know your stuff)
    You've got a great team behind you, Tegan. Not too long now, honey.

C'mon baby!

Tegan, I KNOW you can do it!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Go tegan, Go Tegan, Go Tegan!!! You can do it!

Can't wait to read your birth announcement!

oh tegan how frustrating - hope that boy gets his body in line & pops out before morning!!

Tegan, fingers crossed that it's all systems go now hun.

Believe in Yourself, You are a strong and capable woman, You will bring this baby into this world.

Come on little man, mummy is waiting for you.

Goodluck sweety. I can't wait to see your birth announcement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast