Thread: Weird, Excrusiating Pains (bit long)

Default Weird, Excrusiating Pains (bit long)

I'm going to call my OB about this this morning, but i just though someone on here might know what this is.
    I've been suffering high blood pressure and my Ob has me medicated, and it seems to be working. But last night, someone REALLY upset me, and I came home and had a cry, but then I started getting these really strong pains up between my shoulderblades, then in my stomach, diaphram, ribs, up my chest, between my breasts, then it started spredding down the sides of my belly. At which point I got quite frightened, and went and lay down. The pains went away after about half an hour.
    But in the middle of the night, had to get up to use the loo (as you do) but as soon as I was up right, the pains started again. It was horrible. DH gave me a massage, which helped enough for me to sleep, but the next time I got up the same thing happened. I've never felt anything like this. It doesn't feel muscular, or sharp, or stabbing, or dull for that matter, but sort of all of the above.
    I was still getting some pain this morning, but felt ok after nice hot shower, brekky and medication.
    Are these BH? Blood Pressure? I'm really confused, and DH is REALLY stressed.
    Help!

Hi LisyLee
    Pain in the area of the diaphram can be a sign of PE. As you have stated that you are suffering from high blood pressure I would suggest that you go and get checked out

Well, Turns out I had developed HELLP Syndrome! Out new baby boy "Hunter" was born via emeregncy C-Section on the 3rd Apr. Because my liver and kidneys had shut down.
    So thank you all for the advice, and everyone else, please take note!
    Thanks, Lisa

Lisa congrats on your little man!

I hope you are recovering alright. It sounds like you had a frightening time

Enchanted Guest

Congratulations!

I hope you have a quick recovery and that you and your little prince are well!

Wow congratulations! Thats a great warning to us all to listen to our bodies! Is your little bubby okay? Are you okay?

I have heard of HELLP before, it must have been a tough experience for you when you found out it would be earlier than you expected.

HUGS to you, hope you are well and that little Hunter is fighting fit!

Lissy Lee I just read your post congrats on your little man please post so we know that you are ok as well hon

LisyLee

First, CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your son!!!
    I was reading your header and I thought to myself: This sounds familiar
    Then I read your post and redlights started to off in my head!! I thought: I KNOW what this woman is talking about!!!

I was diagnosed with HELLP at 33+4 weeks and my dd was deliverd emergency c/s. And your description of the pain is so spot on!! I was in hossie for 10 days and the whole time I had that pain and the dr told me it's stress (Which to a certian extent was true - I was scared *****LESS for my bubba) At that point I did not have high BP and I did not have any other problems, so nobody really thought anything of it. Later I started vomiting, lost my appitite and got and upset stomach, so after my FIRST high blood pressure result they took a urine monster and dd was deliverd two hours later.

ATM I am ttc #2 and are terrified of having that awfull pain again. Dr said the chances are slim, but they are still there ... in other words ... I have to wait and see.

Going throught that is a terrible experiance and if later you need someone to talk to, I'm here

Nadine,

What were your symptoms?

I've been having pain in my right rib for over a week, it's like a stitch and is really painful, I also sometimes get pain in the middle of my back.

I spoke to my osteo who said it sounds like it's my ribs flaring out to make room for bubs, but she's not a doctor and doesn't know anything about PE or HELLP.

I don't have high blood pressure and I haven't had any other worsening symptoms to go with it..... What do you think?? Or did you have pains all over like LisyLee?

My pain were on my diaphragm only. Like having a wind/gas stuck just below your sternum. Like when you drink Coke to fast and you can't get a burp out It was not in my ribs. And I was nauseous and lost my appiteit.

If I were you, I'll let the GP check your urine, just to be on the safe side They can see imediatly in the urine, after that they do a blood test to see how far it has progresses.

HTH

Hi Nadine,

Thanks for your reply, I went to the doctor this afternoon and she checked my urine and blood pressure and it's all fine. She said my ribs are bruised and I may have pulled some muscles, apparently your more prone to this when pg because of the relaxin hormones that - yes relax everything!

I'm glad I got it checked out, PE and HELLP sound very scary!

That is very good news Kristin!! Yeah the stuff between your joints (don't know the name in english - cartliage??) gets softer and you pull muscles quicker by doing everyday stuff. So you have to be carefull. No getting into bar-fights now

How far along are you?? Hope the rest of your pg are healthy and happy

Hi,

I'm 33 weeks, I've been meaning to do a ticker with my due date for so long!

Thanks again for your advice...

Wow Lisa! Amazing!!
    How are you both? Hope you are recovering well as is your little man.
    Congratulations!!

Nic

OMG Lisa! Congratulations and WOW!

Hope you are recovering well and enjoying your little man.

Don't forget to post in the Birth Announcements!

Thanks for all the concern, and the Congrats!
    Little Hunter is now three weeks old and doing well. He was in ICU for 5 days and I was in hossy for 7. Very sick. Now am good, but still on meds. Hunter has been going in leaps and bounds. He has grown so much, and now only has a nasal feeding tube and heart rate moniter. Tomorrow they are talking about taking him off the heated waterbed. YAY He has also started breastfeeding of his own accord. He decided that a cuddle just wasn't enough! He's about two weeks ahead of where the nurses and midwives said he should be. We are so proud of him.
    Well, better go get back to him.

Yes Lulu, I'm still around. good to hear from you. take it easy.
    Lisa

Lisa,
    Thanks for the update, glad you and little Hunter are doing well....

Keep us updated!