Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What did you buy?....

Default What did you buy?....

Just thought I would post this, for those who have children to help out the first time mums!!!

What did you buy that you didn't use?.......
    * knitted clothes, to hard to wash,
    * too many newborn 0000s clothes,

What did you buy that you found you couldn't live without?.......
    *the 1ltr water container, that I cut down so that I could put the nappy bag over it and have a spare hand during nappy changes.

I bought too many cutesy impractical little dresses and outfits. These do not work well on newborns!

Couldn't have lived without my breast pump (Avent Isis), or her bouncer.

tiggy Guest

I bought silly vibrating baby rockers that my babies hate!

I couldn't live without my hug a bubs and a good pram

I was given (didn't buy) a few outfits that only did up at the back - very impractical for a baby who hated being on her tummy!

The best thing I bought which I still use today is a baby bath thermometer. They are expensive and I just love it.

I have bought 14 baby hats this pg

I cant pass one up whenever I see them, lol... I have a massive collection and am very glad I'm having a winter baby.

I bought impractical clothes but i cant go without dreambaby night lights.I have used quite a few.And my advent sterilizer when DD was young.

Oooh, I haven't had bub yet but I'm curious to see what everyone puts in here...what a great thread!

Ohhh Im the same with going overboard on newborn clothes...our first blue clothes..arrgghhh he hardly wore any of them. I bought ones with hoods...what was I thinking..they never got worn!!!

Best thing was my sling..absolutely love it!!!

Jo

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Things I bought but didn't use, mittens, I bought heaps and most of them never fitted him. Bibs that tie up at the back, these are pretty useless I found.

The thing I could live without would have to have been his rocker chair. It would allow me to get more things done when I popped him in there, even have a shower because I could still keep an eye on him. Also he was a shocker sleeping during the day but that was the only thing I could get him to sleep in.

Oh yeah I hate the bibs that do up at the back!!!! Anything that does up at the back is very annoying!

We asked for a Sangenic Nappy Wrapper and never used it once......I flogged it on Ebay for a great price!

Couldn't live wthout my Amby Hammock or my Baby Bjorn........and also the 3D play gym thingo that babies lie under and bat all teh hanging toys......both Olivia and Charlie loved it!

Ohh yes so far I've found the rocker, the play gym and my Baby Bjorn invaluable!!!

The only thing I can think of that I haven't used have been the tie up bibs! LOL just read that someone else said that as well! My stack of bibs went down by half because its just to hard to tie the bib onto a wriggly baby who wants a feed!!!

skyelar Guest

Oh I bought heaps of those fluffy type socks, my DD just has to rub her feet together & they fell off!

LOVED the activity mat, kept her entertained for ages.

I agree Emma! It's great to get these little tidbits of info! Thanks girls!

My best buys would have to be, my avent breast pump, baby rocker and because my boys are summer bubs those little legless sleeveless suits are great

The worst thing i have bought is the swing with music, Ryan hated it and it cost a fortune

I loved My OiOi nappy bag, baby gym mat and Baby Love book - it let me know I was doing the right thing at 3am.
    We also bought a mobile for the cot - i wish i had bought it earlier (She was 3 months old when we finally got it) and she was bored of it soon and tried to rip it down.

I would definitely have tried to fit my pram in the boot of my car BEFORE i bought the pram. It's a great pram - we just can't fit anything else in the boot.

skyelar Guest

Oh yes Baby Love is great!!! I remember seeing it in baby stores for $30 but I picked it up for $8 in one of those travelling book boxes BARGAIN!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast