Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What did you buy?....

thanks for that - The myers i went to certainly didnt have anything that big, but, its baby section was abit lacking
    Sorry to harp on, but, is muslin ok for winter? in terms of warmth?

I wrapped Riley (born late May) in thin flannelette blankets instead of muslin as I thought he'd be too cold but thats just personal preference.
    I found that I didn't need the baby bath as it took ages to fill and nearly broke my back emptying it. I put him in the normal bath with this bath thing like a ramp with terry towelling on it for the baby to lie on (I'm sure that makes no sense I'm not good at explaining it!) I found the baby bjorn fantastic.

I wrapped Milo in muslin on warmer days, and flannelette (or both) on colder days.

Spotlight had kits with 2 'wrap' sized pieced of flannelette, and my Aunty made me a couple of wraps, they were really handy for winter.

Most useless thing I ever bought : all the cute little tops that zip up at the neck - how I thought that someone with no neck (least of all no neck control!) would find them comfortable is beyond me. But they look so cute!! (ahhh, that's how I had so many...)

Best things : my BF pillow, "My Brest Friend" and the huge muslin wraps a GF made me. I only had 3 and although I had a winter baby the muslin was perfect. I agree they need to be big tho, at least 1.2m x 1.2m (some of mine are 1.2 x 1.5m)

Yep definately the large muslin wraps - couldn't live without them! And bub can breathe through them so much better than other wraps so they were good for b/feeding, over the pram...

Fletch - i'm gonna be going to Toys R Us now. The ones in baby Kingdom are like $20 each!!! Ta

This is a great thread, thanks for bumping it up! Got some really good ideas from it.

I think my head is about to explode!!! An extremely useful thread. I really haven't bought that much because my mum told me not to. Buying too many clothes was a waste of money, she reckoned - She's right by looking at this thread.

What is a baby bjorn??? I haven't seen one of those! I've also been considering buying one of those slings, but my husband went out and bought a really good quality harness thing so he can carry the baby around on his front without looking too girly.

I think I definitely need more wraps and flanelette nappies for cleaning up stuff with. I do have some muslin wraps and some other great cosy wraps for when winter comes. This is a summer baby so muslin wraps will be very useful in summer. I think I got ripped though. I went to Adelaide and bought some, they were quite expensive, early in my pregnancy when I was going on a spending rampage. I liked them 'cause they had bunnies on them - GREAT reason to buy something, eh?

Lestypuss - the baby bjorn is a type of baby carrier (what your hubby bought might be similiar).

What a handy thread. I'm just starting to do my list up of what we need.

we going to toys r us as well!
    And i am very sure that we are all guilty of buying stuff just because it was cute!
    I am looking at a baby bjorn carrier as well. There buy it now price on ebay is about $80 or $90.
    Anyone have good reccomendations for baby bath wash stuff and moisturisers etc?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123