Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what to wear when giving birth?

Default what to wear when giving birth?

just wondering what you's all plan to wear when giving birth? or those with bubs already, what did you wear?

i dont wanna wear the stupid backless hospital gowns, but i dont wanna wear an old lady nightie either!! :P

With Chelsea i wore a shirt and bra.

With Jasmine i spent time in the shower so i was naked....but when i got out i threw on a hossy gown and once she was born was naked again to hold her close to me.

when I was in the shower I had on bra & knickers, then when I got out I just had on an old oversized tshirt. Then when Darlie was born I took it off for skin-to-skin!

Claesmummy Guest

I just wore a comfy t-shirt and undies. One thing I was told to make sure I had was a pair of socks because you get cold feet. I bought a pair of really pretty, fluffy, comfy socks. I put them on mainly for the cosy factor. But by the time Clae was born I didn't want any clothes on me at all.

I had a nightie on but ended up with it off to push. I got it from BigW, it's a maternity one but was pretty pointless, but was cute at least!

yer i think i will try and find a cheap singlet nightie kinda thing, but yer a cute one

i had a nightie on during the labour and was planning on it with the birth but cause i had to have an emergency c/section i was made to wear the hospital gown!!

i got mine from the maternity section of BigW!!

i had plans to wear tshirt, but, i ended up in hospital gown, and then ended up mostly in the nud cause i got so hot. i say go the gown, there is alot of mess!

Last time I packed a looong pink singlet to change into, but used water for pain relief, and had a waterbirth, so it ended up being nothing.

Plan on something that's totally not restricting, but you might find, like myself, that you found any clothing at all annoying (and pointless, being in a bath). I'm pretty modest but found I didn't care about that kind of thing once in labour - my focus was totally elsewhere.

Taia's Mum Guest

I was in a tank top till I had an epidural - then I was in a hospital gown! That worked out well in the end because just before bubs arrived DH opened it right up and put bubs straight onto my naked skin

yep!! oversized T-shirt and knickers worked for me, tried the water thing it wasn't for me it kept me away from the gas, and I needed that gas!!!LOL

I don't usually like walking around in a room when I'm the only one nude, but I tend to nude up as soon as I hit the shower and stay that way because I'm in there more then I'm out. Thankful for the endless supply of hot water.

I got to the birth centre room and stripped Naked in the bath, naked for a few hours after until family started to visit, so I put on a crop top (little stretchy bra top from Kmart) and singlet (adjustable straps from Target and stretchy chest section so that I could just pull it all down to feed) and kept my bottom half covered by the sheet on the bed, while Oscar lay on top of me. I brought some old cotton undies from Target that I knew I was going to throw out once I got home (actually, threw out two pairs whilst in the BC, so keep from bringing them home and changing my mind about them!).
    Really, nakedness made me feel so free and ready, and it was only DP and the midwife in the room.

he he he... GOOD QUESTION!!
    I had a singlet and knickers on with Jacob..... after about 10 hours of labour and changing positions sixty thousand times I realised I had ripped all my clothes off and was butt naked on all fours!! HE HE HE.... sooo funny now I look back on it!!
    Then the gorgeous fashionble hossy gown once I had the epi..... then it all ended in a ceaser.... so the hossy gown it was....
    But one thing I did have planned was what I was wearing after!! I had bought some silky PJ's from target that were just lovely to slip into after all that drama and a nice cotten set of PJ's too.

Good luck!!
    xxoo

Try to wear something that is not restricting at all and also that you won't mind throwing out if you need to (Sometimes they get stained). I started out in a lite t-shirt and DH's trackie pants but I got in the shower so I nuded it up and stayed that way until after my shower after having DD. I was surprised at that because I'm the biggest prude and I always said I wouldn't have DD nude. Make sure you pack extras of what you decide incase you need to change due to staining.

A big, comfy men's tshirt I bought at Best and Less especially for the occasion and paid a grand sum of $10 for

It was comfy, it didn't matter if it got messed up (which it did).

When I had DS my water broke early in labour and I leaked and leaked and leaked for about 2 hours before his head came down enough to plug it up...I went through at least 4 pairs of shorts in that time it was ridiculous.....

When I arrived at the hospital I was wearing a singlet top and trackies. I ended up getting naked for a while, then the midwife got me to put on a hospital gown but that only lasted a few minutes before I got naked again. I just didnt feel comfortable in clothing, plus I wanted to go under the hot water in the shower.

I'm usually nude all the time, I just can't stand the feeling of clothes on, plus I got really hot as well, and I also spend most of my time in the shower for the pain relief, ooohh heaven.

hugs xoxo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast