Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is your greatest fear??

Kirsty77 Guest

My fears are pretty much the same as rails, that there maybe something wrong with the baby that no test or u/s will pick up and having an epidural during birth.I have heard lots of bad stories, but my sister had one with her first and is currently 36 weeks now and is having another c-section so another epidural and shes not scared at all.But the whole child birth thing scares me anyway!

I was scared of needing an epidural cause i didnt want the pee bag. They told me i would definately need an epidural cause she was posterior and I have a tiny little pelvis apparenty and they knew i would have really bad back labour cause of it. I tricked them though! I refused to go to the hospital until 28 hours after the contractions started, so once i was there i was 9 cm dilated and too late for the epidural!!
    I was also scared of stitches, but didnt have them, and also the still birth thing cause a girl i knew had given birth to a still born three weeks before i was due so it was a little scary!

Debbie Lee Guest

Wow at tricking them by not going to the hospital until it was too late, Dee.

I was thinking about trying to stay home as long as I possibly can. How soon do they tell you to come in? I am sure this is info I will get told at my antenatal classes but I am impatient

I started having contractions wed night at 6. By luch time the next day they were getting pretty bad, so I called the hospital cause we had been told to let them know when it started so they know to expect you sometime soon. They asked me to come up so they could check everything was ok, which I did. They said you'll probably have the baby by tonight, so I said, thanks, see you later and left. I ended up going back up at half eight that night cause the contractions were unbearable, then had her at 1.23am that night.
    I think once the contractions are pretty regular give the hospital a call and they'll let you know what to do next.
    Tip: If its pouring with rain and thundering dont wait until you can't actually walk anymore cause you get very very wet standing in the rain having contractions.

Hi bieleemorris,
    my waters broke around 5pm, I phoned the hospital and they got me to come in straight away and stay overnight (my contractions had started, but I hadn't felt anything as they were slow to get going, I was induced with a drip the following day). My baby was actually born the next night at 10.30pm.

I had a fear of going overdue and having a big baby, as the ob was saying the baby seemed a big size for his stage. Luckily I came two weeks early (its almost like I willed him to be born two weeks early, as my friend had just given birth two weeks early and I wanted the same to happen!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123