Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did you start to buy yr baby stuff!

Default When did you start to buy yr baby stuff!

Im nearly 28 weeks and I still haven't got hardly a thing for baby!

Im just waiting for the January sales I guess!

I got a ton of baby hand me down clothes.

I'm only 9 weeks & i just had to buy a few clothes after i found out but as for the rest i will b starting after christmas

After the 13week scan we went "pricing" for the big stuff to get an idea of the bits we wanted but didnt actually start buying them till around 19weeks??? Not really sure as we just got things here and there as we saw them or they were on special. We didnt actually get too much new stuff so if it was given it came whenever. We got the last of the "needed stuff" at around 32weeks and just things like shelves or mobiles after that.
    Have fun shopping!!!!!!

CatherineL Guest

We bought our nursery furniture, pram, car seat etc at 14 weeks. We were really excited I guess... all the other little stuff we just bought along the way. I had everything by 30 weeks though! Ya know - first baby, very keen!

I brought most of my stuff fairly late in to the pregnancy end of second trimester I think, this will sound silly but I didn't want to jinx myself (think it was one of my IVF hang ups.)

I had a few things from my other kids (luckily I didn't sell everything) but I started picking things out that I wanted and getting things slowly off ebay and Ikea, I put a bunch of things on layby too, infact I still have my pram to pick up and a few bits and pieces but I guess I started a wish list then set out to find everything and started buying stuff about 25 weeks on.

we started buying the big stuff around 16-18 weeks and have just been picking things up when i'm at the shops since. We've still got the pram yet,but i know which one i want and the car seat to buy, we're hiring the capsule for 6months and only organised that last monday. We got heaps from the baby shower so luckily some of the stuff i still have left to buy were given to us. Plus we got heaps of 2nd hand stuff that i went through. DP doesnt like to layby so we just buy stuff when we can afford to as he's the only one of us working.

Ye I dont want to jinx it either. Also waiting to see what the family gets us.

Thats fair enough Caz1971, i didnt buy alot before i had my baby shower as i wasnt sure what family & friends were buying us as i didnt tell anyone what to buy

i laybyed nearly all the bif things when i was about 10 weeks. at about that time target had their toy sale no deposit xmas laybys, and all the nursery stuff was on sale. picking it up next week

for me i wanted to make sure I didn't have to do the hunt for baby stuff aswell as christmas with 2 kids to buy for, so I really tried to get everything before I started working on xmas. I'm hoping I'll get to rest for a week or 2 after xmas before baby comes, it does feel better knowing everythings ready ifykwim? With the shops the way they are at the moment It's probably a good idea for you to wait till the Jan sales it's safer!!

We got most of our big stuff early on which was a good thing cause our cot took awhile to come in - orderd it round 4 months pregnant and got it about 1 month before Mackenzie was born. At least start looking now and asking questions just in case things take a while to get in. I also bought singlets and little clothing items when they were on sale. I got HEAPS HEAPS HEAPS of wipes, bags, nappies etc. at my baby shower - very cool. That was one of the best things about being pregnant - shopping so I did little bits all the time!

We did a lot of research, and didn't actually pick any of the stuff up to bring home (other than the car seat) until I was already overdue!

I think it's worth asking lots of Q's so you can order stuff that has a long delivery time, and waiting to see what pressies you get - we ended up with 3 carriers, 2 were gifts and one we bought.

If I could do it again, I would have done a "baby register" at a big store to get the furniture etc I wanted!

We started early on. Got the pram when I was 12 weeks, it was half price. We have brought heaps since, a lot on sale.

hi,

I bought a couple little outfits at 12 weeks! just to look at LOL.. But we got most of our stuff after the 20 weeks scan.. and since then.. we are picking up the drawers this week!! DH wanted them custom made! We did however use the first part of our pregnancy to do heaps of research about what we wanted... then just went out an ordered it, so we had it all before 30weeks!!

good luck!

I started buying a few outfits from around 12/13 weeks... but we still don't have much. We've bought some MCN's, cot sheets and have about 5 outfits. Now at 26 weeks we have bought a change table top and we're starting to look at getting the 'big stuff' after xmas.

yer i started buying some clothes at about 10 weeks, and had everything at about 30 weeks! i too was excited lol, and im STILL buying stuff! cant help myself, most spoilt baby and hes not even here yet

After my 12 week scan I brought everything a few days later like the cot, porta cot, high chair, pram, car seat, tall boy, toy box etc.. i was very organised.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast