Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's not sleeping!!!

Wink Who's not sleeping!!!

Hi,
    As you can see I am up, I have been in bed tossing and turning and was tired when I went to bed at 11.30 but I am now wide awake and restless. I dont like this symptom of preg. the nights just drag and I know I am in that stage cause it has been like this all week and I only have 6 weeks left. I also have ILS (irritable Leg Syndrom) which does not help.

Sorry for the winge, just had to talk my mind and also to see if I had company.

sinders Guest

Hi........I'm new to this site (but on another one).

I have been waking up every night and it is driving me insane. I went to bed around 8.30pm last night and have been up every hour since. Then finally at 12.45am I was up with no chance of going back to sleep. Combine this with a cold that I have had for 2 weeks and it is horrible. This is definately one sympton of pregnancy I don't enjoy.

I am 32 weeks and due to be induced at 38 weeks.

Do you suffer from leg and hip pains also??? Makes walking and getting up out of lounge chairs, etc very painful and difficult.

Shell

Me. I'm awake! Again. Heartburn for me though. Should have taken something before going to bed. The other night it was really cold feet that woke me at 3am. Got up and wore slippers until they warmed up again then went back to bed after putting on socks. Sigh.

Hope you're back in bed and sleeping, Rose!

Sinders, hugs for you too. Hip pain is awful!

sinders Guest

Got to hate heartburn. I've been lucky and haven't had it for a few weeks. Now I just get kicks in the ribs.

It is amazing how much our body takes!!! Plus I have had to start wearing breast pads constantly as the boobs leak all the time.

Shell

Me!!! Lately ive only been getting a few hrs sleep of a night and then DD wakes me at 6 cause she wants up to watch Dora.

I hung around on pc till 1am then went back to bed. I tossed and turned till 1.30 then woke again at 3.30 and 6.30.
    I knew there would be others out there. Sinders ~ do you have a date for induction? What baby # is this? Most of my hip pain is if I lay on one side for too long. I also get a lot of H/burn. Had lasagnia last night and the mince repeated on me.

Kbowman, Heart burn isn't the best feeling, especially since you are not even in third tri. yet. Hope things settle and you get more sleep in the coming weeks before it really kicks in (non sleep that is)

Zee, you are just ahead of me by a few days.

So what do you all do, if you can't sleep and the rest of the house needs to sleep? I have just started to come on here to change the scenery for 30min. Long enough for dh not too miss me.

I don't sleep well either, the night before last I was on here at 5am, this morning I decided to just get up and sit outside for a bit then have breaky and sleep on the couch till 8 where I got back into
    bed.

I get hip pain quite badly on cold nights, but I always have, it's just worse because if I sleep with socks on (which I have done all my life) then I get too hot and kick all the blankets off.....

Heartburn I can be guaranteed that every second night I will get up between 1and 2am for mylanta!!!

Other then that I have a snoring DP to deal with and just restlessness. I have tried not to let it frustrate me because I figure Ill be up at all hours in a weeks time but some nights just get the best of me.......

Try a Lavendar Pillow for restlessness and sleeplessness!!

I haven't had a good nights sleep in 6 years!

I've had some trouble with sleeping lately due to being uncomfy in bed but recently found a solution. Whenever it gets to the point that I think "I'm never going to get to sleep (or back to sleep)" I get some skin on skin contact with my DF. Any part of the body seems to work for me. I snuggle up and off I go. I even managed to get back to sleep doing this last night after watching the soccer with him in the middle of the night. It might sound silly but it's worth a try.

satya: Thats a VERY good point. Even though my DP snores I cannot get to sleep if he isn't next to me!!!

My dh snores bad too and I have found that if I go to bed and am asleep before he is I sleep better, otherwise I take forever to go to sleep.
    I reakon snuggling into my dh would wake him up. I might try it and see.
    Bjrose, I feel for you. I just find it hard being so awkward trying to roll in bed and being big too. I know, its all part of being preg.

Well I would love to wish everyone sweet dreams tonight. I hope I don't check in here tonight.

yep, sore hips and tossing and turning...feels like i wake up to roll over every hour.... havn't actually looked at the clock when i wake though during the night

dh doesnt snore, i guess i'm lucky but my tossing and turning must annoy the hell out of him.....ah well hehe

i try and wait till i'm really tired, and even though i might fall asleep fairly quickly and think i'm comfy, i still wake up during the night......

Not long to go really, and i guess as i get bigger things may get a little worse!!

Havn't tried a lavender pillow, but just a heat/wheat pack for when i had back pain, this seemed to relax me so now i just take it to bed for comfort and warmth.

My DH has got to be the worlds biggest snorer!! He firmly believed that I was just waking him for the hell of it because "It's impossible to snore when you lay on your belly".... well, I caught him on video snoring while laying on his belly!

I have found myself migrating to the spare room through the night because I cant sleep (or get back to sleep) with his snoring.

..and restless leg syndrome?? never heard about this, but explains a lot!! i get it in my arms as well!!

~Belinda~ Guest

oh how i would love to sleep.....sooooooooooooo long, all night, just to sleep through without waking and maybe a sleep in would be nice

i got so restless in my third trimester too, it was so annoying!

Eveningstar I think once you have a child a sleep in goes out the window for the rest of your life. I really loved my sleep ins pre children and miss them so much some times. dh gets his sleep ins as the ch usually wan't me to do their breaky.
    I sometimes use a ice pack for my ILS and this helps alot.
    Well I am going to hed off while dh is still watching telly and hopefully will sleep some tonight.
    Goodnight.

Me, I can not sleep! I am at work

Well no sleep here. Rachel had croope(sp) from 2am and was up to her all night. So I think once she is in bed and other dd is resting it will be off to bed for me. Hope everyone else got some sleep!!

I'm also a member of the no sleep club... I am so uncomfortable at night and I find it really hard to turn over - to the point where my DH wakes me up because I have fallen asleep on my back (so I have obviously made an attempt to turn over and stopped halfway, haha).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast