Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's not sleeping!!!

Hi,

I can't sleep either.

I get woken up by either heartburn, being completely uncomfortable or sometimes once I wake up that is it for the rest of the night.

The worst nights are when I sleep for an hour after getting into bed and then only an hour just before I have to go to work. I get so tired I could sleep at my desk!

I don't have a pc at home so I end up reading or watching bad bad movies at 2 or 3 in the morning!

sinders Guest

Rose.... no date for induction yet. Just told that it would happen at 38 weeks. This is my first child.

I have taken to having a lot of pillows around me. One under belly (I tend to lay on it), one behind my back to stop me rolling onto my back and then one under my feet/lower legs. Some nights I get really comfortable and sleep like a baby (like yesterday) but other nights I need to pee all the time and then having trouble getting out of bed.

I went to the doctors because of waking up with coughing fits. Ends up that my cold has developed into Bronchitus so he put me on antibiotics and ventolin. I slept so well last night (got 8 hours) and it was the first time in about 3 months where I wasn't waking up every hour. But as you can see I am awake again tonight.

Don't have problem with DH snoring. He does occasionally but not enough to disturb me. On the other hand if I end up on my back well DH tells me that I was snoring and it was LOUD!!!!!!!!!!! I have woken him up several times since becoming pregnant with snoring.

Shell

Sorry you did not sleep last night. I had a better sleep, we placed dd in the p/cot in our room and when the croope got bad I put the varouriser on. She slept all night except the coughing and I only woke x2 and was back to sleep in a flash. Yay!!

Shel, can I ask, wht are you getting induced?

Hope others got a good sleep lastnight.

Sleep!?!?! I have forgotten what a good nights sleep is! With the Pelvic Instability, pain when ever I try to roll, get out of bed, LHS hips is killing me, still sleeping on that side cos it is best for me and bubs, I have 5 pillows currently on the bed, thinking of grabbing another to see if that helps

Always going to the loo at night as well, on a rare occasion once a night, but generally 3-6 times.

The other night I slept on the couch for a couple of hours before hopping into bed...

Those who say once you have children you don't get sleep, how about once you get pregnant you don't get sleep - I have struggled for months now, bit the light at the end of the tunnel is starting to appear, but we will be complaining about how our NB's are keeping us awake!!

Goodluck I really hope someone gets a good night's sleep soon
    Last edited by *Beema*; June 18th, 2008 at 12:49 PM.

Im another one getting little/no sleep.

Most nights I sleep for 2-3 hours then Im wide awake for 1-2, then sleep for another 2-3. Occasionally if I get the chance, Ill lie down during the day & doze on the couch for a while. But when Im wide awake & cant get back to sleep I have a bath or sit on the floor of the shower to have heat over my back (coz sometimes heat bags just dont work)

I'm finding it hard to sleep as well ... and when DP is home, his snoring just exacerbates the problem - I can usually ignore it, but the last couple of months, well, I'm surprised he doesn't wake up black and blue from all the kicks and punches he gets through the night!!

Like many of you, I wake up heaps to go to the loo, and then it's hard to get back to sleep. My doc suggested panadeine, but that doesn't consistently work - I think my body ges too used to it!! Lately, bubs moving and some severe bh's have been keeping me awake.

I tend to just turn on the telly and try to put something boring on so that I fall back to sleep, but it doesn't always work! I just end up watching TV all night!!

It's hard only getting a couple of hours sleep a night, especially having to look after three other kids during the day (two of which are at home most of the time, my eldest catches the bus to school and home again!)

From experience though, waking up to a newborn a couple of times a night isn't nearly as bad as the aches and pains and discomfort of pregnancy sleeplessness!!! So there is hope!!

sinders Guest

morning all...... sorry in advance but this is going to be a me post.

Well I have had hardly any sleep. Tried going to bed around 10pm last night only to break into another coughing fit - so I got up so that DH could at least get sleep as he had to work today. 12.30am I finally stem the coughing and crawl into bed. I last until 1.30pm when I was up again - coughing, peeing, spluttering - even vomiting. Got back to bed again at 2am and managed to sleep but woke at 4am - same deal as before - went back to bed at 4.30am. DH got up for work at 5am........ I finally dozed off but woke again at 6am.

The antibiotics are working and breaking down everything that was in my chest. The problem is we can usually take a decongestant and cough suppressant with a cold but NOT when you are pregnant. SO everything is now in full swing and driving me insane. It is now 3 weeks that I have had this thing.

Add to this my leg and hip pain and I am a walking (or waddling) zombie. Plus we have the boys from this afternoon until Sunday arvo.

Think I am going to skip going to the hospital for monitoring today and try and get some sleep. Just realised that I am 33 weeks today!!! Only 35 days left until doctor will induce - so not long left now.

I hope everyone is else happy and healthy.

Shell

Me too - I am normally a back sleeper and just can not seem to get comfy on my side. My hip goes numbb, or my ear, or my arm. So over it. If it's not that, i'm awake to go to the toilet several times a night. The last two nights I have had 5 hours in a row, because I have bought one of those triangle pillows and slept in a sitting up postion.

all i can say is bring the baby on.. zzzzzzzzz.... i'm usually awake at 1am, 3am-4am, 6.30am, not to mention the half awakeness needed to roll over, re-adjust pillow between legs... ugh!
    My restlessness seems to be rubbing off on DH who also keeps waking at the 3-4am.
    I get the worst leg cramps some nights! yee-owwww
    i find i get some of the best sleep on my back.. i figure since the placenta is anterior the bub will get its blood.. but still try to avoid it as much as i can..

Last night I was hoping to have a full night's sleep - I had been pretty active yesterday with cleaning... unfortunately it wasn't that easy! I didn't get to sleep until about 11.30ish, then the dog woke us up at 1am retching, so I had to put him out so he could have a puke!
    Got back to sleep for a while and then woke up with the usual reflux and had to chow down on Mylanta tablets, which only partially helped!
    Dog started barking his head off at 4am and we could hear him pounding on the concrete around the house, even though our bedroom was relatively far away from where he was at the time. So we let him back in again... pain in the arse...
    Then Luke started talking to me and telling me that he had a dream that he could turn the tv off with his mobile phone... hahaha.. and then I got really really hungry! Went out and had a bowl of Special K and went back to bed.

I actually slept after that!! Until Luke woke me up at 7.10am asking me to make him some toast for breakfast because he was running late.. *sigh*

Ahwell!! I guess if I'm waking up that often when the baby comes along, I'll probably be doing well for myself won't I! haha..

~Belinda~ Guest

That's right Emma!! Madeleine slept through from 8 weeks old but has started waking a lot at night now it's crazy stuff!! Good luck with everything BTW, Josie is a nice name, we picked our DD's name before she came along too.

I've been lurking on the site for a while but haven't really posted anything yet...my wife is now at 34 weeks - due at the end of July. We've had a few issues with sleeping, but tried a few things that made a big difference, maybe they will help you too...

1. French style bolster - a long tubular pillow that is about 180cm long that helps her sleep on her side whilst providing support for the chest, bump, knees and ankles - as it's all one thing it's easier to manage that lots of smaller pillows.
    2. Earplugs - we both occasionally snore, so we bought some disposable ear-plugs....it's better than lying awake at night or going to sleep on the couch.
    3. Diet - She seems to have become much more sensitive to diet as the pregnancy has progressed, keeping dinner simple, digestable and early makes a huge difference to her night's sleep.

Hey TheBear welcome. Thanks for the ideas, I never considered the diet point although I think I have done it subconsiously. The last two nights I have slept almost all night and for tea I have had food that has not caused h/b or being uncomfy.

Thanks

Terrible sleep last night Ended up on the couch earlier this morning, was more comfy. my LHS hip is killing me, can't wait to be able to sleep on my back, RHS and eventually tummy!!

I think tonight I might try the couch all night to see how I go - we have really squishy couches, low armrests and I am lie down the full length and not have to squish up and it supports my back as well... we will see if I post a mroe successful sleep tomorrow!!

oh glad to see im not the only one having trouble sleeping.
    Inbetween not being able to roll over, or sleep on my back or belly to waking for the toilet.

Now its weird and wonderful dreams about everything that are keeping me awake.
    oh and wrestling with my body pillow thing. and to add to the mix carpel tunnel syndrome. In future instead of laying there awake i think ill pop on the net and this site and see what all the other no sleepers are doing.

Take care all

I usually sleep around 2 hrs and then wake up and need to go to the toilet.

I drink around 4litres of water a day so i go to the toilet alot!

I guess its just going to get more and more

Have to tell you

its your bodies way of getting ready for when you have the baby...well thats what I have put it down to.

Look forward to sitting and feeding your baby in the middle of the night. Its absolutely priceless adn the best time to bond with them.

I cant wait to hear all your baby announcements...good luck and here's to sleeping in the future some time

I am sleeping a lot better the last few days. I think that has got a lot to do with the head cold/sinus infection I have. Been sleeping right through unless the kid's wake me up. Hope the rest of you are getting some sleep.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast