Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Book Marks!

Oh I hate it when reading on the train you have a page or two to go and you get to your station... Drives me nuts. I have to get home or into work and finish the chapter...

I used to collect bookmarks as a young girl/teenager...still have them stashed away somewhere in some box.

I currently use one that Gabriella made me for Mothers Day last year at daycare, I would be devastated if I lost it so only use it at home.

My DH used a bookmark until he recently lost it (our trip to Europe last year) that he has had since Yr 3 or 4 at school with his teachers comments still on it. He is 34 BTW, and now cannot bear to use another bookmark using receipts instead. Amazing the sentimental value behind a simple bookmark.

I think I'm going to become a bookmark collector, I can see I have a new obsession. Not that I use them much, I read obsessively but always just remember where I'm up to, and very rarely use a bookmark. I hate pages being turned down too, it's sacrilege!

Sarah, that is beautiful and devine, I love it!

Yeah, I usually use my library receipt, or some other receipt, sometimes an old envelope... I've never had a nice bookmark! Sarah your book mark is so purrdy!!!

I can just stop anywhere as well, I don't take much notice of chapters, I do like to finish a paragraph but thats about it...

*beep beep* watch me leave this thread!

I have quite a few book marks, but have stopped using them since I got my Swarovski one. And so much for keeping it up high, it's always down & has been dropped a few times with no problems.

Leash, don't you get frustrated finishing in the middle of a chapter, don't you need some sort of closure? or is that just my analness coming out?!

*BEEP BEEP* byyyyeeeeee

no i just finish a paragraph... tbh i dont even notice the chapters at all!

*beep beep* just letting everyone know i'm leaving the thread again

I suppose it depends on the book too. I'm reading one at the moment that kind of has chapters, in that it has sections from 2003 and 2006, but within those sections are letters & stories IYKWIM. I can easily finish a letter or story in there, but wouldn't stop halfway through one.

when i'm reading at work, i use a post it to mark what paragraph i'm up to (for some reason, customers just won't wait!) - but when i'm at home or whatever, i read to chapters end - i have to!

was hving GTT the other day and looking at the clock to work out if i could squeeze another chapter in before i had next BT! lol

Hahaha I do that too BG, flick a couple of pages to check chapter length if I'll have time to start that chapter!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12