Thread: anniversary dinner

betty.boop1 Guest

Default anniversary dinner

Hi everyone,
    As I have posted in another forum it is my partner and mine 3 years today, not married just partners. I want to cook him something really nice for dinner but am stumped on what. I love cooking new things for him all the time but have ran out of ideas. Anyone got any ideas? A two course dinner would be good. He is not a big fan of wiered vegies and seafood.

hmmm I was going to sugest seafood but thats a no go ( I dont like it anyway hehehe )

ummmm what about something like a mingion sp?? my DH loves them especially when I get the nice scoth filet from the butcher,

chicken and pesto filo triangles
    pretty easy just get some filo pastry and dice some chicken up add onion and the basil pesto then wrap it up and pop it in the oven for about 30 min.

ummm a nice casserole like beef berginion again sp?? hehe

or even something more simple like a steak with a nice sauce on it and some vegies or a yummy salad.

for desert,

*so sorry I am not very good at this sort of thing I am a tryin tho LOL*

home made chocolate mouse yummo
    fruit dipped in chocolate and pistachio nuts that is so so yummy

as I said I am not so good at this sort of thing as my hubby just likes a good ol' steak and veg or seafood and he is more than happy so no need to be adventurous here LOL.

Good luck tonight I hope all goes well

How about a nice creamy white sauce, bacon pasta?

Oh yum now i feel like that. DH makes a mean pasta with cream, champagne, bacon, garlic, and fettucine.

i'm probably a bit late but this is a fave of mine. it's really easy but looks impressive.

Lamb and mint pesto pasta

For the mint pesto grind following ingredients together (how much you blend depends on how chunky you want pesto to be

1 cup mint
    1/2 cup pine nuts
    2tbs parmesan
    1/4 cup olive oil
    2 tsp sugar
    1 clove of garlic

boil linguine until tender. Drain.

coat 300g lamb strips in olive oil and stir fry in batches. Remove and keep warm.

Add mint pesto to pan, add 300ml cream (I use pura light cream - tastes just as good). Stir until warm, add pasta and lamb. stir to combine, serve sprinkled with pine nuts and extra parmesan. yummo. serves 2

mmmm yum yum - I know what I'm cooking for dinner tomorrow Rachel.

I know - it is yummo. I don't get to have it much as DH can be a bit intolerant to the cream. enjoy.

A nice Duck Risotto, Chicken Cacciatorre, Baked Carbonara, Stuffed Quail wrapped in Prociutto, minute steak with sage butter and creamy polenta....

Ummm will think more on our fave's...

*hugs*
    Cailin

betty.boop1 Guest

gosh girls that all sounds so nice. i ended up cooking pork loin chops marinated in garlic and honey sauce and for desert chocolate mousse with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkle on top

Oh yumo!!! Did he like it?

Rachel, are you out there?
    Do I chop or cruch the garlic before blending or just chuck it in whole?

i usually chop it chunky before blending but it probably doesn't matter how you do it as it is being blended. are you making it? hope you enjoy it as much as i do.