Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: chickpeas/couscous

Fraser Guest

I love to eat cous cous cold as a salad - I make it up as per the box and then when it's cooled down I chuck on seeded chopped up tomato, red onion, avocado, cubed cucumber flat leaf parsley and heaps of lemon juice, sea salt and cracked black pepper - chuck it in the fridge and it keeps for ages!

we make heaps of variations on it too, sometimes we have asian style with coriander, lemongrass, and a light soy dressing or sometimes we chuck sultanas and chopped up apple into it.

I love cous cous it's so easy and it makes you look like some kind of cooking superstar when you pop a bowl of cous cous salad on the table when it relaly only takes 5 minutes to prepare!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

OMG best dinner ever last night. I made my cous cous, but I forgot the onion. However I added a few other things to it and it was scrummy. So I had in there with the cous cous, roasted capsicum, pumpkin, feta cheese, a little bit of bacon, some pan fried moroccan chicken and then I caramelised some walnuts in some golden syrup and then sprinkled them on the top, OMG it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good.

I serve mine with almost a tomato pasta sauce - I'll just reduce the sauce right down. That's nice too. Slivered almonds, yum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12