Thread: Dinner to die for on the table in 20 mins or less... pork chops with yummines

Thumbs up Dinner to die for on the table in 20 mins or less... pork chops with yummines

I'd love to take credit for this one, but sadly or should I say thankfully its a Nigella Lawson wonder. It was on Better Homes & Gardens last Friday. I didn't follow a recipe, although I know there is one and I do have it in my Nigella Express book so if anyone wants exact measurements let me know. This serves 2.

2 Large Pork Chops
    1/2 packet of gnocchi
    Big Splosh of Apple Cider
    1 TBSP Seeded Mustard
    Green Leaf Salad (I made baby spinach & baby roma & french onion dressing, which I make with 1/2 tbs french onion soup mix in a cup cover with hot water enough to soften onion. Then add a good tablespoon of mayo and a good tablespoon of sour cream or a splosh of whipping cream and a squirt of lemon juice)

Ok basically and it literally is this easy. Fill your kettle and turn it on. Heat up your fry pan and add a bit of oil to fry the pork. Get your pork chops stick them in a zip lock bag and bash them till they are half the thickness as this helps them to cook quickly. Pour the hot water from the kettle into the saucepan, cover and add a touch of salt so it comes back to boil quickly. Add the pork to the pan and caramalise each side. Whilst the pork is cooking assemble green salad. Once the gnocchi is floating on top and bubbling away madly drain and set aside. Once the pork is cooked to your liking remove from the pan and put on serving plates. Give a good splosh of the apple cider into the pan to deglaze, allow it to bubble for a minute and add the mustard, let bubble again then add the splosh of cream. Once the sauce is too your liking add the gnocchi and cook for about 2 minutes stirring to coat. Then serve up the gnocchi and salad and top the chops with any remainder sauce.

DIVINE!

I cooked this after a VERY long day (I literally got in the door at 6:30, going to the store on the way home), and it was simple and delicious. And who doesn't deserve a nice meal after a hard day

I saw this on BH&G as well and thought it looked good. I've never had potato gnocchi - I might give it a try.

I don't have any apple cider, could i use stock to deglaze the pan?

I would use white wine if you didn't have cider, you could use stock but it won't be as flavoursome.

Thanks Cai.