Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006 #7

Default Babies Born July 2006 #7

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in July 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your old thread can be found here

We just took Charlotte swimming at our local pool, and she loved it, was slpasing and laughing, we took some photos but i have to put them onto the comp first then i will show you all. Sleeping is great through the night, still sleeping 11-12 hours a night, but she doesn't want to sleep during the day now, grrrrr.

Fee- Cooper is soooo cute, I loved the pic of him sitting, He is a cleaver little boy for sitting up by himself. Charlotte is sitting too. How is Cooper going with 3 meals a day, Tomorrow i will intoduce a 2nd meal, breakfast.

Bubs- Well done on the weighloss, i bet you feel so much better. When i went to Perth last, it was cheap to buy there. I hope you find something soon.

Em- I hope your sleeps are inproving.

Fraser Guest

HHHELLLLLLOOOOOOOO Bubs!!!! long time no read - can't wait for you to go back to work and sit on here all day!!!! ahem not that you would do that. whoo hoo for the weight loss - well done!

Fee - Cooper is a genius! I am sure of it! what a clever boy! he's so cute too - he's going to make some lucky little lady a fine husband one day!!

Kel - you must feel like a new woman with all the sleep you're getting! Charlie is doing a little better - last night was 10pm, 3am and 6am - so that's a huge improvement! I still feel a bit nuts - but I don't think extra sleep will fix that!

Mads - I am very glad your sleep stuff is sorting itself out - good girl Freya, I was getting a bit worried about you - often wondered at 2 or 3am how you were and if you were awake as well!

CC - lentils - I hadn't thought of that (I'm such a spaz!) I might try them. I haven't had a period yet but I am pretty sure (and so is DH) that I am still gettting pre menstrual... GGRRRRRR!!!!

Cassie - where are you? How is Dylan and how is the reno?

with regards to the sitting - Charlie can do it but I still need to have lots of cushions around him or he face plants into the floor! I left the room when mum was here the other day and heard her laughing - came back in and Charlie had reclined himself on the cushions one arm up on them and a leg crossed over the other - Mum promised she didn't pose him - he was just super relaxed - needed a smoking jacket and a pipe!

I've been having some major back problems - but had some Bowen therapy from a friend the other night and although I was super depressed and down yesterday morning all seems to have righted itself and am now feeling quite good! yippeee!

super hot day here tomorrow - so have to work out how to keep Charlie's room from overheating.

hope everyone is well and happy - hello to everyone else - baiza, Carly, Roya, Rob (& Heidi), Trish and anyone else I have accidentally missed

have a great day

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    Charlie had reclined himself on the cushions one arm up on them and a leg crossed over the other - Mum promised she didn't pose him - he was just super relaxed - needed a smoking jacket and a pipe!
    lol, I thought of Corban like that and it makes me laugh. I can just imagine what it must have looked like when you came back into the room.

Glad you are feeling a bit better today. What is Browns Theropy?

Fraser Guest

Bowen Therapy is a type of non invasive massage - basically the therapist tweaks the muscle and encourages it to relax of its own accord. Bowen therapists believe that rubbing or pushing at muscles actually makes them more tense and can potentially be harmful.

what they do is on an outward breath they sort of roll and pinch the edge of he muscle and then let it be for a while before they do the next one.

it's very relaxing!

Fee Guest

Well Cooper has slept until 5.00 am the last two mornings – back to normal. I hope it stays that way.

I've found out that carrot makes for the grossest poos. Ewwwwwwww! It actually looks like the same carrot puree that has been eaten. Gross.

kmh – Is Charlotte still sleeping well? Can't wait to see some pics of her swimming!

Fraser – It's amazing how good they get at sitting. It happens so fast. Cooper is very steady now. He can bend forward to pick up toys from the floor and then sit back up. But just 2 weeks ago or so he was still a little wobbly. I just watch that he doesn't topple backwards though. But he can even get down from sitting – he just launches himself (like a face plant) to the floor!!! Hehehe. As for sitting up on his own in the cot – he hasn't done it since.

I hope your back continues to stay good. The massage sounds really good! I would love a massage. Aaaahhhh.

Hi everyone!!

What a night!! Danielle went to bed at 7.50pm like normal after her bottle but woke screaming at 9.45pm, 11pm, 2.40am and 4.20am!! She slept heaps yesterday after swimming (2 hours) and again in the afternoon (2 hours) with Mum so I wonder is she had too much sleep yesterday and that's why she didn't want to sleep last night. I also did notice that her top gum at the front is very white so I'm wondering if those teethies are on the move again. She got her first ones at almost 5 months and now she's 7 1/2 so I'm wondering how long the next ones take to come through??

I put on my jeans for work yesterday (I'm the only one in the office and see no customers so I can wear what I like - yay!!) and they look like rapper pants!! I have a massive baggy bit around my belly and a saggy bit around my butt and legs. I'll have to go and buy new ones - yay!!!!! Well maybe once I've finished shrinking. Ken thought I had my maternity ones on when I showed him. He's very proud of me and call me a Sexy Mumma. I'm so happy!!

I wish Danielle would sit on her own after crawling. She loves sitting but can't get back up after crawling. It was so cute yesterday - she crawled to our back window and starting tapping on the window. Nunzio (our fur baby) came to the window and sat on the other side. Luckily I got it on video camera. It was so cute.

Em - I'm so glad the hot weather has gone for now over here. Here today - 25, overcast and a slight drizzle every now and then. I'm so sick on 35+!!

Kel - Danielle loves swimming too. We take her swimming lessons and she loves it - huge smiles, giggles and big splashes. All I can say is I'd rather them sleep 10 odd hours every night and not sleep during the day than having to get up for them all the time. I'm so tired today - I have so much respect for you doing that for so long.

I better run - heaps to do in here. I'm actually thinking of going on a cleaning spree in here - hasn't been done ever!! And if it's not done well I'm the one to put up with it as I'm the only one here!! Have a great weekend everyone!!

Hi Fee - sorry I missed you. You just wait until you start giving him things like spinach and green beans - lovely poos!! Hehehehe!! Hope the sleeping continues for you.

Charlotte has been sleeping well, but i am having trouble getting her to sleep, don't know if its too hot. she slept from 9pm till 7:30am, I love sleep now.

Fee- I gave Charlotte carrot last night, and its the first vegie she likes yay, ok now i am not looking forward to her pooing. I have to get Tim to put the pics from his phone onto the comp.

Em- The massage sounds so nice, I think I have to see my step mum soon (she is a massure (spel)) as i have done something to my hip and the pain goes through the rest of my leg.

It's soooooo hot here today and the weekend is going to be yuck, 38 everyday. grrrr I am not looking foward to it. We have a 1st birthday tomorrow as well as my MIL's birthday tomorrow,
    It's my birthday on Monday, Oh i am getting old, I will be 24 lol

Bubs I just missed your post, I was going to Charlotte to swimming lessons, but I will wait a bit longer, Wow you are pretty, and well done on the new jeans its so much fun shooping for new clothes

Ok, a quick vent i guess (feel free to skip to end ). OK so it snowed here again last night and was all slick this monring. I took the girls up to their buss stop near the main road and while we were waiting for the bus (my youngest likes to wait outside and play) A county snow plow came ripping by on the main road. They are supposed to lift the blade and stop the sanding when cars are passing, etc but county seems to think they are above all this. There was two little girls playing and one older boy hanging out but when this plow went ripping by they all had to go running to avoid the resulting snow wave and bouncing sand as this idiot did nothingto protect the kids!

Ok, for those of you who skipped the top part, start reading here..lol. kmh, Happy B-Day!

Fraser Guest

Bubs - you look so hot in your ticker pic, Danielle is cute but you're hot as! who hoo you and your baggy jeans!!!

Kelly - I am officially not talking to you - if you think 24 is old I must be ancient.....

Rob - blo*ody snow machine scooping thing man! it was 32c here today so I wish we had some snow...

Fee - yaay for Cooper and the sleeping. Charlie does little wedge poos now because of carrot they just sort of peel off his bottom - perhaps I need to give him more water.....

huge thunderstorm here at the moment better go before I get electrocuted

Em & Kel - thanks for telling me I'm pretty. I don't feel it most of the time - I still feel like a fat frump!! I've never considered myself pretty. I guess a trait of having low self esteem.

Dustmite - vent that anger!!!!

Kel - Happy Birthday for tomorrow!!! I feel old too and I'm 25 so I hear you girlfriend!! I hope you have a great day!!

Danielle sat up all by herself tonight!! Yay for her!!! She was playing in the bath and trying to crawl up to her ducks and all of a suddern she just sat up. It didn't click at first but then I looked again and realised she had done it! I hope she does it more often now and remembers how to do it. But on the other hand she's been a real handful tonight. It must be her teeth. She's got a bit of a temp and once I put Bonjella on her top gum she seemed to settle down. She didn't eat any of her dinner which also makes me think it's teeth. She did go down at 7.30pm tonight which was great so I could get some housework done as Ken's gone out to a mate's place. Done vacuuming, moping, hung 2 loads of washing, cleaned the toilet, folded washing and now I'm just tidying up Ken's paperwork for the week then I'm going to bed as it's now 10.30pm and way past my bedtime. Hopefully Danielle sleeps better tonight.

carlys Guest

Just a quick hello to you all!! Im SOOOOO busy with the wedding plans I have had no ti,e to post on here...only a week to go!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!

Had the dress disaster, now having a music disaster... guitarist cant make it to the church in time... so now im having a stress attack...pimples are sprouting like mad....and i feel pre-menstral WWWWWWHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!!

I weaned Georgia weeks ago...have had period pain for weeks, but no sign... anyone else here weaned and had first period?? If so, how long did it take? It would be my luck to get it on the wedding day ...have to laugh, or i will go mad!

Carls xoxoxoxoxx

Hi everyone

I am still here and barely surviving Melbourne's heatwave, 37 yesterday 38 today and 38 tomorrow aaaggghhhh I hate summer! We only have two fans but as we are buying a house this year an airconditioner will be on my wish list. It makes it even worse breastfeeding and carrying around a hot, sweaty baby. Poor Dylan and I have had a cold this week too and DH has been away waaaaaa he was in Sorrento at our house on Monday and Tuesday night and then has been in Brisbane to do a gig Thursday til Sunday so we are all alone and Dylan really misses his daddy and he has in fact stopped talking this week so not sure whether it is because his daddy is away or because he has discovered something else he wants to master????

Fraser LOL at Charlie's wedge poos cos Dylan does those too particularly if he has had carrot. Their poos are funny now aren't they sort of just fall off the nappy. The renos are going slow but we will get there. I am over them now and just want to finish so we can get it rented out and buy us a house to live in.

Bubs Congrats on the weightloss how did you do it. I need to lose 10 kgs to get back to pre-pregnancy, 17 to get to goal weight and 27 to get to the weight I was when I met my DH which was 5 years ago and so not realistic anymore. How did I manage it? You do look hot in your pic I agree and Danielle is so cute. Lucky you for being able to take her to work.

KMH Happy birthday for Monday and if you are old at 24 I am needing to go to a nursing home at 32, LOL. Have you tried patting Charlotte on the bottom to put her to sleep?

Fee Cooper is so cute and yay for him sitting by himself, Dylan can sit too but only if I put him in that position not by himself as yet.

Carly Not sure about the period thing as I got mine after two months and Dylan is still breastfed.

Dustmite Can you send some cold vibes my way!

Hope everyone else is good.
    Anyway must go lie in front of fan too hot!

you all can have as many cold vibes as you want. If i could afford and had the patience, I would package all the snow and ship it to you. Last night was a killer night, the wind was whipping through this area so bad. Half of the kids stuff is blown through out the 20+ acres surrounding us. I threw a log on the fire and shut the stove down, went out and grabbed some more wood which I then opened the stove and threw two more pieces on. Closed the stove and went to bed. I didn't even get into bed when my aunt called me (12:30/1AM) to tell me sparks were flying out of my chimney. Sure enough, orange glowing sparks were flying all over the yard. But does not look like a real chimney fire, just the wind was bowing so hard it was swirling around the top of the chimney causing mayhem. I had to eventual snuff out the fire in order to get it all to stop. What a night!

Cassie - Am really sorry to hear about the latest prob's/stress.

Fee Guest

Well we finally DTD!!! Just took over 7 months, can you believe it? I think using the estrogen cream really helped. I will now cancel my appointments with my OB and the Gyno. I shouldn't need to see them now. DTD hurt at first but at least I did it – so I know there aren't any problems IYKWIM.

It's all happening here with Cooper. He gets up on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth at every opportunity. Also Mark and I finally saw him get into a sitting position from lying on the floor, all by himself. And… we can see that a top tooth will be coming through soon. I can see something through the gum and his gum is quite red and swollen.

Bubseykel – I have just started Cooper on broccoli … but no green poos just yet. I'm sure there will be one soon though! I also have green beans in the freezer to try next.

Congrats on your weight loss! I'm still losing weight. God at this rate I might fade away! I'm still eating like a horse.

kmh – Happy 24th birthday! Oooohhh you're so old!!! Hehehe.

Dustmite – Grrr at that snow plough. That sounds very dangerous with kids nearby.

Fraser – LOL at the wedge poos. Cooper's poos are still complete slop. I don't think he eats enough yet to make more solid poos.

carlys – All the best for your upcoming wedding. I'm sure the day will be wonderful, despite all these stresses you have had!

Cassie – Glad to hear you're surviving the heat … just. You poor thing! Must be awful with no a/c.

Fraser Guest

Happy Birthday Kelly!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast